Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 7, 2011, 11:00 AM
    I'm a renter in a recently foreclosed house in Virginia.
    I have posted before regarding this situation but that was before I knew what I know now. The house I am renting has been foreclosed upon. We just received this information Monday (although we knew that it had gone to foreclosure back in November-but was then informed the foreclosure had been postponed until 12/15 and the owner was trying to get the house back). She told us Monday the bank had it. Today she said it had been auctioned off and we should be contacted by the new owner.

I believe this person knew when we rented the house in July that there was a problem, although I am told on this forum that what she knew was none of my business.

Anyway, because we weren't told until Monday, the house was auctioned off and I had someone interested in buying the house and renting it to us. I don't think this is fair, but it is what it is I suppose. When I had asked the LL a few weeks ago who I could contact at US Bank, she wouldn't give the name of the person she was in contact with.

So I paid her my rent on 11/28 for December. She cashed the check and I'm hoping she will transfer that to the new owner as well as my security deposit.

How can I find out who the new owner is? I want to find out what their plans are with the house... whether or not they plan to use it as investment and keep renting it or if they want to move in (then I have by law 90 day notice).

I know I seem antsy but I'm not someone who likes unsolved things -- I want to know so I know how to plan. I want to know who the owner is, what there purpose of the house is, and whether we are going to have to move. For anyone who says, sit and wait, remember you are in a warm home and not facing eviction.

Why do I feel like such a victim here?

Check out some similar questions!

Renter and house is being foreclosed on [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently renting a townhouse that is being foreclcosed on. I have paid my rent. What happens once the house is formally foreclosed. Takes place Nov 10th. How much time do I have until I have to move?

Renter Rights on Foreclosed home [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a 2 yr lease with option to buy. I was only here 6 months before I received the notice taped to my house. The landlord obviously wasn't paying the mortgage with my rent nor did he contact me about this. He threatens me that he'll evict me, however the lease is now voided, so he can not do...

I'm a renter being foreclosed on. [ 5 Answers ]

I am a renter and I just recently discovered that the owner may or may not be in foreclosure. We have had no time to save money or even find a place. I heard about a program called cash for keys but I need help locating the bank to ask them about it. The owner won't help us... I desperately NEED...

Renter in foreclosed rental property [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting an apartment in Mi, in a four unit building. As of December it has been foreclosed on and I have signed a 1 month lease for Jan. Now the lease is up and I am ready to move on, but did not give notice. A realtor who is acting as middle man said without 30 day notice of intent...

What are my rights as a renter on an Apt. Being foreclosed? [ 5 Answers ]

I currently am renting an apartment in Miami. Last week I received a notice that the property is being foreclosed. My lease ends December 5th, but I have already paid for August, last month (November), and a security deposit (Equal to one month's rent). What are my rights? Should I stop paying...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.