Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clutch1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Is it right to leave an 8 year old in her bed sleeping and go out to collect someone
    My ex father in law left my kid home alone to go to the pub to pick up his drunk wife from the pub. Where to I stand on this as a concerned father
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2011, 04:31 PM
    You may not want to let him keep and watch your child.

But to be honest did the child know?
    But 8 year olds are left at home all the time, many come home to an empty house after school. We waited to ours was 10 but on short trips he would stay at home by his self.

My issue here is not that he was left alone but that he most likely did not know it, and if he had woke up he would be scared
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2011, 08:58 PM
    I would never leave an 8 yo home alone for any amount of time. It is negligence. An 8 yo child is not old enough to have good judgement if she was awakened by an intruder or a fire. My children were 13 before they were left alone (coming in from school to an empty house) and then there were two of them, not one. I would tell this person how upset I was about him leaving my child alone and would never let him watch my child again.
    lenadelcampo Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
    I don't think you can do anything to your child's father because he was not the one that left your child alone but you can tell him that you don't want your kid to be left alone with his father and now that you both know that it happen and he leaves the child with his dad again and his dad leaves your child alone for a second time then I would take him back to court for the courts to decide if maybe he should have less time with the child and or if maybe he needs parenting classes which in my State either parents have the right to ask the courts to have the other parent take them. Just make it well known to your kids father that you do not want his father to watch your kid and that you will take action if it ever happens again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 Y/O not sleeping in own bed [ 7 Answers ]

So I have a 3 year old girl, she just turned three a few months ago. She has her own room with a toddler bed, however, she gets up in the middle of the night and goes to the couch and sleeps there . It's happened before, but it's been happeneing more recently lately. Should I worry? Is...

Sleeping in his own bed [ 4 Answers ]

Please help me. My son will not sleep in his own bed and he is now three. Please help me to get him to sleep in his own bed.

Sleeping with dogs in bed [ 1 Answers ]

Is a dod sleeping with you giving you or your partner any parasites or etc. that we don't know about?

Not sleeping in the same bed [ 17 Answers ]

Is it normal for two people in a relationship who live together to not always sleep in the same bed? My boyfriend sleeps in the living room sometimes( we have no furniture) on the floor instead of coming to bed with me. This happens on and off , maybe 2 days out of the week on average; sometimes...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

View more questions Search