Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hybreed45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 11:44 PM
    Girlfriend thinks she's pregnant! What?
    Hello, um where do I start? Well lets just say I got over my other problem but I think it may have sparked another. Me and my girlfriend are both 19 and my girlfriend has been feeling really weird lately. She's been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms like smelling weird odors cramps, headaches, and tender breasts. She's been really worried but won't go get a test. She wants to wait for her period but that's not for like another two weeks! So if there are any other things you guys might know of that might cause these and other pregnancy symptoms... we would really appreciate it if any one could help put our minds at ease. Thanks.
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2011, 03:58 AM
    My suggestion would be to go get a home pregnancy test. You both will find out sooner or later if she is or is not pregnant. I'm sure she's nervous or scared about being pregnant but the fact is if she is, she is. If she's not, there could be something going on to cause these symptoms and she should see a doctor, regardless. Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2011, 04:21 AM
    The first question is have you engaged in unprotected sex recently?

However, there is no way for us to ease your mind. If she has not yet missed a period, it is too early for an EPT. There could be many things causing those symptoms, but its also early for pregnancy to manifest itself.

But, if getting pregnant concerns you, then why are you risking it? No One should engage in sexual intercourse unless they are prepared to have a child. No method of birth control is 100%
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 06:35 AM
    A HPT test right now will not work, you have to wait till after you missed your first period. So she needs to wait for at least a week past the time for her next period, then if no period, take a test, use the first urine of the morning.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Pregnancy symptoms and premenstrual symptoms can be exactly alike. She could very well be experiencing premenstrual symptoms at this point.

It is too early for her to take a pregnancy test, you both are now playing the waiting game and have to wait to see if her period does indeed come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend thinks she's pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend thinks she's pregnant, but I doubt that she is. She's not sure when exactly her last period was, but she thinks she's several days late. She had a day or two of sickness (vomiting) about 10 days ago, and now is tired and achy. I believe she is tired and achy because of her stressful...

Best friend thinks she's overweight but she's really not! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a best friend who's 14, like me. She's very pretty and a really good friend to me but there's something that is really getting on my nerves and upsetting me... She thinks that she is overweight, and she's really not! She is ALWAYS saying she's fat, or making some comment about her...

My girlfriend thinks she's bi [ 16 Answers ]

Ok she told me tonight she thinks she's bi because she had a dream that she was gay but it dealt with nothing sexual. She said she isn't attracted to girls but she is confused. She also said she won't even think of holding hands with another girl. But I think it's just that she can communicate with...

My girlfriend thinks she's Bi [ 14 Answers ]

Just like the title says my girlfriend think she's Bi because she finds girls attractive, but at the same time she can never date a girl. Is my girlfriend really Bi?

My girlfriend thinks she is pregnant but I doubt it.I'm just asking for confirmation. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello As you probably can tell I'm very very new here and I have a question I wish to be answered soon if anyone can help. Well I was wondering if my girlfriend might be pregnant. First off we have never had sex and I have never came on her vagina. I have been careful to not insert fingers...

View more questions Search