Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alijah119 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Best friend/Ex Is this a toxic Relationship?
    I met this girl I met on face book, we went to different schools but hers was right down the street from me. This girl was pretty and had a good personality, she was everything I ever wanted. We started hanging out, but she had other guys she was messing around first, I didn't know so when I found out I was depressed cause I felt she was leading me on, just to go with someone else.

I asked her to prom but she wanted to go as friends. I agreed. We had a good time I treated her well and we ended up going to bed together. She told only cause I was special. We wasn't together yet. Two days later we made it official but she wouldn't say I'm her boyfriend. A month goes by and the relationship was good. I treated her like a princess but she was also hanging with her first lover also but I didn't care because I understood their past and they were best friends.

But for one week straight she started hanging with him more than me. We plan stuff but she end up dissing me for him. One day she didn't call me I got worried and called her. I knew she with him and the first thing she told me was he's my strength. I was shocked. The next day we broke up. She didn't end up going back with her ex, which I thought she was going to do. We continued to hangout for like 4 months but during that time I asked her three times, would she go back with me again. All three times she said no. I stop asking. During this whole time we hanged out I kept getting stressed because I'll sacrifice my time for her and everything. She met more guys and was moving on. I stayed behind hoping we'll get back together. But I felt she was always putting me second for everybody.

We were like best friends we knew how each other get and how we can make each other feel better. Since we broke up we were never sexual active. I never put my business out there so my friends didn't know we broke up so they will see her and be like. Hey! We seen her with this guy. I would be like its OK we aren't together. She met her other best friend that surprised her and they end up hooking up together. While she was already with somebody else. I didn't approve and yelled at her that its wrong and you should break up if you want to be that way.

She did. Pretty much this is how she think. "If we don't do nothing its ok." meaning sexually. But she will let guys sleep over at her place when he's out of town cause she don't want to be lonely. I got to the point of keep telling her what's right or wrong to do in a relationship. I be like. She going to do what she want to do. She still manipulates me to this day by making me feel bad. I believe in karma. A lot of bad things happen to her but I don't be in her face about you thinks its happening to her.

But I feel stressed to be a best friend even though she states she can't talk to anyone else except me.

Should I break her off for good. We barely talk cause she got a boy friend like every two days. I try to respect him. I can't look her boyfriend in the face cause I know so much. What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Stop seeing her as a best friend and stop taking her crap, or listen to her as just a friend and say your peace, and let her do as she pleases. Because she is foolish does that mean you have to be? Then don't let what she does with her life affect you. You have no control over what she does, so enjoy your own life, and stay out of her business.

If you cannot deal with having this person as a friend, then get busy with doing your thing and unavailable for their nonsense.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Don't be any girl's puppy dog. That's exactly what you did.

I wouldn't be her friend either. Including FB.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2011, 06:56 PM
    You need to break off your leash, never contact her again, and move on. She is using you when she needs you and puts you away whenever she doesn't, that is not a friend. Leave her alone, and go do something worth your while.
    Alijah119 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Everything you have said I thought that. Meeting her taught me a lot. I told myself I'm glad it happen in this relationship now, so I know what to do in the future.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Good. Keep that up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like my friend but she doesn't want a relationship. [ 5 Answers ]

Threads were merged and edited I have been hanging out with this girl for a few months and we seem to hit it off. She tells me I'm awesome and fun. She's always playfully hitting or tickling me and usually is very huggy with me. I have heard from friends that she doesn't want a...

Addictive toxic intense relationship - why is it so difficult to move on? [ 6 Answers ]

I was seeing this girl on and off and on and off for 3.5years. There were lows and highs but for most of the time she was insistent on living her life through me which made me feel very responsible for her and her happiness. WIthin weeks of meeting she gave up her job for me and wanted to come and...

About a friend/relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

I have know a girl for 10 years. We first met because she was dating a friend of mine. When we first met she started to casually flirt with me. For example she would demand a hug or kiss me. I always thought she was interested in me. Flash forward to years later we have gotten closer and eventually...

Love her but our relationship is toxic. Cultural difference [ 25 Answers ]

Here it goes. I met my present girlfriend through a nurse that came to take care of my dad. My girlfriend is Korean and I am Italian American born in Italy but feel completely American. We love each other, we did from the beginning and do now. The problems started when she asked me if we can hurry...

I think I ruined my relationship with my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Before I begin, I would like to note that this is my first question that I put on this website, so I didn't know how long to make it. Its actually frighteningly long, but bear with me, I wanted to include every detail to get the best response possible. Thank you. ----------------------- OK,...

View more questions Search