Ask
    catrinowen Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Why Does My Cat... Meow at Me?
    Why Does My Cat... Meow at Me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Because he's upset, because he's happy, because he's in pain, because he wants to go out, because he likes the sound of his own voice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Cats have many different kinds of meows. Maybe it's time to eat, so that's one kind of meow. Maybe he meets you at the door and gives you a hello meow. It depends on what is going on as to what kind of meow he says. And some cats are more vocal and outgoing than others.

What's happening when your cat meows?
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Nov 29, 2011, 08:50 AM
    When my cat's dish is empty without my realizing it, he comes to me and meows. When I am asleep, he will come up to my face and meow to wake me up. Sometimes we play a staring game with each other and he finally gives in and gives me a sly little meow. All his meow's are different and mean different things. My daughter-in-law's cat is the same way, she has various different meows for different needs. She has a little "pitiful" meow when the door is open but the screen is locked and she wants to go outside. Just enjoy them and their unique ways of communication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

About a cat that recuses a girl cat from being married to a fat cat [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was watching this movie on the kids channel a long time ago and it was the movie I think disney but yes anyway, its about this very lovely white cat girl that is being forced to marry this fat rich cat, during this the sister or aunt of the lovely white cat lady gets a check from this...

Cat loses its meow [ 1 Answers ]

Last weekend I took my 1 1/2 year old cat to the vet to have its rabies and distemper shot. A few days later his leg was sore (which went away). But now he has a scratchy meow. He acts like he has a sore throat. He keeps swallowing frequently. Thought maybe he has a hair ball stuck in his...

My cat has lost his meow! [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 7 year old domestic shorthair. He is a very sociable animal, my social butterfly. He loves to "talk" to me, even calls me "Ma". The problem is, for the last week or two, his meow has become quieter and scratchier. He has had a problem with his meow only one other time but then he...

Unable to meow properly [ 5 Answers ]

My cat is an 11 year old pure siamese. Recently she has been unable to meow properly. Almost like she has something blocking her throat. She is eating normally although she has always been a very fussy eater.

View more questions Search