Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meme.net Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Ex boyfriend
    Ok, so I dated this guy for a little over a year, in a long distance relationship.. and we spent all 2 months of summer together; everyday 24-7 together. A couple days after summer ended he broke up with me and was extremely mad at me for no reason! During the summer, he'd mentioned that he might not want to go through with the long distance relationship any more and then he'd be really depressed and ignore me the rest of the day until we talked it out a bit.

Here we are 4 months later, he's dating some girl who couldn't be more not his type. Is he doing this because he's desperate? Or because he lied about the types of girls he like? She is into crazy hair dyeing, tattoos, and yeah. During the summer, if we were walking and saw someone with even just a little streak of blue in their hair he'd be totally turned off. He blocked my number (after I blocked his.. ). I called him recently just because, and he was telling me about his life and asking questions about mine and it was like old times. But then the call ended and now I don't think I'll talk to him again because I know he wouldn't call me. Also, we were super close. We had 3 names picked out for our kids (kinda creepy actually.. ) and we did everything together and talked every single night during the school year for hours. And he promised to never ever leave me. That's just part of what a boyfriend is supposed to say I guess, but it kind of hurts now.

Do you think he is not talking to me because he doesn't want to fall back in love? And is he using that girl as a distraction to get his mind off me?. because she is sooooooo not his type at all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Sorry, but he has probably moved on because he was tired of the LDR thing and is having fun now. He may have liked you and all, and will be friendly if you do contact him, but I doubt he wants another shot at a relationship.

I know you don't want to hear that, but in time you will accept it and move on yourself.

Break ups suck, any time for any reason.
    rev0luti0n Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2011, 12:14 PM
    You need to get over him.
    People do change.
    Even though I'm a girl, I used to be into the prep kids: gelled up hair, popped collars, etc. But that was because my town was on the wealthier side and there wasn't much variety to choose from. Now, I'm more attracted to the type of people your ex is attracted to now.
    In short, your ex boyfriend's interests or "type" could have changed. Maybe it's even her personality that made him like her. Just because someone likes a "type" of person doesn't mean they aren't allowed to date people outside of that generalization.

In my honest opinion? You might have become too clingy.
    He obviously means a lot to you, but right now you're basically throwing yourself at him.
    If he doesn't make an effort, why should you?
    KaRiNaBaRrOr Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Maybe he thought you were a little to close to him and he needed time to think, I think he needed a distraction,

Hope this helps :)
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Nov 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meme.net View Post
    Do you think he is not talking to me because he doesn't want to fall back in love? And is he using that girl as a distraction to get his mind off me?...because she is sooooooo not his type at all.
    From what you have said, these are the probable reasons

1. He is not talking to you because something might have ticked in his mind that this relationship will not be good for a long run or he is a real good player (going to an extent till naming the kids, and breaking up without any reason?)

2. No, he is not using that girl as a distraction to get his mind off you. Feels like he got over you.

You sound so mature, bet you know what you have to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...

View more questions Search