Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmex22000 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Plug-in
    I live in a mobile home and a lot of the plug-ins are coming out of the wall. I guess from children jerking cords out. Please tell me how to replace them back where they will be strudy and strong.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Mobile homes outlets are called self contained devices, see photo attached, and use a wing toggle to clamp onto the drywall from behind. There is nothing you can do to do the outlet, but the drywall will need to be repaired.

You may use some sort of wood paneling to create a larger mounting plate by using a square piece with a rectangle hole in the center just large enough for the device, which could clamp onto the new mounting. The challenge will be how to mount the square wood onto the drywall. Contact cement or construction glue would work probably the easiest.

Keep in mind the support of the outlet is only as good as the drywall is, so if these outlets with mounting plates are pulled out, the drywall will be damaged with a much larger hole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mucus plug [ 15 Answers ]

I'm slightly concerned that I might be losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. I had an incedent a couple of weeks ago when I passed something about the size of a dime though I didn't get a really good look at it. About a week ago I wiped and found a bit of what looked like cornstarch when you mix...

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

Gfi plug [ 1 Answers ]

The GFI plug in my guest bath is about 3 months old. Yesterday it reset and I noticed that some of my plugs were not working. I hit the test button and the yellow light came on and when I hit reset, the light went off but my other plugs were still "dead". I plugged a lamp into the bottom switch...

Mucous plug [ 8 Answers ]

I am 39 weeks and 4 days and I haven't lost my mucous plug yet, does anyone know if this means I still have a while to go or is it normal for some women to not experience this until labor??

View more questions Search