Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JazzyDee Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
    My baby daddy is a registered sex offender what is his rights to our child?
    He has gotten married recently also but I don't Trust his wife either.What rights do either one of them have?He has 2 Different Cases I just found out he was a registered sex offender&the father of my child last year.my daughter is 7yrs old.he has 2 counts of Rape 2nd.Do you all think the Courts will him Visitation.Because I am totally against it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Depends on the crime and level of sex offender. If his offenses were not against children, then its possible.

Nov 14, 2011, 08:18 PM
    It was against a 13yr old female.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 10:18 PM
    Again it will depend on the case, how old was he at the time, was it a dating issue ( like we warn about on here where every 12 though 14 year old think they are mature enough to date a 18 year old ?

Or did he force her physically.

Even at the worst case, he would get supervised visits though the court.

Nov 15, 2011, 04:07 AM
    That would make it harder for him to get visitation and almost definitely not unsupervised visitation. Has he asked for visitation?

By the way, his new wife has no rights towards your daughter.

Nov 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
    If I'm counting right he was 28 cause he's 37 now&it happen in 2002.the dating situation not sure of cause he was charged 2 different months for the same female I believe.And yes he keeps asking me for visitation he just hasn't took me to court for it yet just curious because his new wife keeps pushing the Issue.

Nov 15, 2011, 10:16 AM
    If he takes it to court you can cite his sex offender status as reasons not to grant visitation. I suspect he realizes how that will play and that's why he's not going to court on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find out if someone is a registered sex offender [ 20 Answers ]

How do you find out if someone is a registered sex offender in Oregon?

Registered Sex Offender [ 20 Answers ]

My boyfriend is a registered sex offender. In 2000 he was 19 she was 16. He did 5 years in prison. He has been out for 2 years and is currently on parole for 1 and a half more years (he had 3 1/2 total). He will then be on probation for 13 years. We have known each other for 13 years. We have...

Registered sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

As a landlord in the state of Pennsylvania, do I have any obligations if I have a registered sex offender living in my building? I just found this out today. He is not a tenant.. . But his mother is and I've allowed him to temporarily move into her apartment with her. He is 43 years old. I...

Registered Sex offender [ 3 Answers ]

I just registered on this site today, although I have been reading posts on it for years, seems as though every time I type a question into Google the first link that pops up is this website and usually a guy named excon is answering. Years ago I got screwed by an ex fiancé, an over zealous DA,...

View more questions Search