Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricksegelson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan light not as bright as it should be
    My Hampton Bay ceiling fan has upper and lower lighting. The upper light works fine but the lower light just has a warm glow like it in not getting full power.
    jamesdavino Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Did you just install a new fan? If so, 1st check the wattage for that lower light, some two lite fixtures have a night lite which are designed that way just check the wattage and if that's not the issue than either there's a loose neutral under the wire nut either under the ceiling canopy or at the lower connection which should be a push in connection,make sure the wire colors are correct,white to white and blk. To blk. Or blk. To blue... Usually when people connect all the proper wires under a wire nut the small fixture wire is the last to get connected together and isn't as tight under the wire nut as they think making an intermittent connection.. Check it
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Has it always been like this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Light Comes on by itself [ 2 Answers ]

My ceiling fan is in a catherdral ceiling and I cannot access it. Does the receiver have to be changed or just the remote. I've had it for five years and it is just recently that the problem has occurred that the lights come on by themselves. I have changed my TV remote which is DirectTV but...

Hampton bay ceiling fan light? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay Model 521 454 ceiling fan,The problem is it does not put out enough light.The light kit uses a socketed glass shade with 4 25w bulbs ,do they make clear glass shades or can you change out just the light kits?

Hampton bay ceiling fan light [ 1 Answers ]

I need a parts list light #uc7051r, the fan has four lights. The globe is held on by a flat metal spring system. It is attached to the porcelain part of the fixture

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement bulb for a ceiling fan I purchased at Home Depot a (hampton bay). The bulb is a mini spiral fluorescent with the writing on the side being--PLS13 Warm White, it has 4 pins. And is the push in type. Thanks

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I had to take the fan/light down and in doing so don't remember wiring senario that makes the wall switch work the light portion. There are 4 wires coming down from the ceiling of which 2 are still connected. The wiring for the light is still in tact and marked, neutral, light etc. What wires do I...

View more questions Search