Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Feb 7, 2007, 02:20 PM
    No periods. Negative tests.
    I have not had a period since 12/02/06. I have always had normal 28-30 day cycles since I was 12. I am now 18. The pregnancy tests are coming back negative. I went to the doctor ( 2 different ones) and they say that my hormones and my thyroid and all that are okay. I don't have std's or any cysts or anything. For about 1-2 weeks around the end of December and the beginning of January I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms. But then they all suddenly stopped. I had a full pelvic exam and paps done. PLEASE, if you have any idea what could be wrong please tell me! :( :confused:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
    If they did an exam, and didn't find any of the more defining symptoms of pregnancy(such as an enlarged uterus, or the blueish purple tint that accompanies pregnancy) chances are, you aren't preggy. It could just be that your period needs a jump start, such as provera to get you started again. This is something that your doctor(s) will have to diagnose and talk to you about. Good luck and best wishes.

Feb 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
    They did say that I have an enlarged uterus when they did the paps/pelvic exam, but they never did any further testing of why I could have an enlarged uterus. Should I go back and have them check this out and do further testing?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Feb 8, 2007, 11:31 AM
    It usuαlly tαkes more thαn α month to find out if your pregnαnt or not... I conceived on mαy/31/06 αnd they finαlly found my bαby αt the end of July!
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Is this your first child? Sometimes if you have had a child before, your uterus doesn't completely shrink all the way back to pre-pregnancy size. However (esp if its your first child) you should definitely at least talk to your doctor to find out reasons as to why it could be enlarged. If they didn't say anything about the blueish purple tint, chances are you aren't preggy. However, there is always a chance, and this should be discussed with your doc. There could be many other factors here that need to be addressed. Good luck, and best wishes.

Feb 9, 2007, 09:17 AM
    If I am pregnant... yes, it will be my first child. I called yesterday and got an appointment for next week to get further testing of what could be going on. One thing I didn't mention was that I spotted in December and in January. I went to my family doctor on jan. 18 and my uterus wasn't enlarged at all. (according to that doctor.) then I went to get further testing at a clinic four days later and that doctor said it was enlarged. When I went to the family doctor on jan. 18 he told me I didn't have any cysts. I'm really confused as to what else could be going on... and it seems here the past few days some of my symptoms are starting to come back... the nausea (which only lasts for a little bit after I wake up), I'm always hungry, and I've been wanting to sleep all the time now. I don't know maybe that's all in my head or something. And I've been extremely moody and somewhat sensitive. I never had a blood test done for pregnancy only urine tests. And about the blue-purple tint, the doctor didn't even really look inside for anything (which I guess that's how you would see it) the most he looked was to see where he was swabbing the cutips when he was checking for std's. My mom thought they were going to do an ultrasound but they never did. Thank you to all that is posting to this!! I really appreciate it! :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Yes, the blueish purple tint is seen inside the vaginal area. That might be something you might want to ask about. He may have been able to see it or not from doing a swab, I don't know. It is very possible that you could be pregnant. I would suggest trying to get a blood test(which they might order when you go in for your further testing anyways) So its probably best to just wait until your appointment to take further action(so you don't spend unnecisary money, before your appointment) That's about all I can suggest at this point. Your doc will know beter what to do then I. (as he knows your medical history and has the medical expertise to handle your particular case.) good luck, and keep us posted.

Feb 14, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I thought I had started my period but it turns out I didn't... im only spotting a little. We talked and I was diagnosed with amenorrhea (sp?). He thinks I'm not ovulating... causing me to not have periods. I got an ultrasound done yesterday morning. I won't know the results until I think next week. I don't know why but the ultrasound lady wouldn't let me see the screen. And for some reason part of it was very painful. Once I get the results back to see if I have uteran cysts that they couldn't find during the pelvic/paps exam then we are going to discuss b-control to regulate my cycles again. Well... ill write back as soon as I know something.
    laura0909009 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_pea07
    I have not had a period since 12/02/06. i have always had normal 28-30 day cycles since i was 12. i am now 18. The pregnancy tests are coming back negative. I went to the doctor ( 2 different ones) and they say that my hormones and my thyroid and all that are okay. i dont have std's or any cysts or anything. for about 1-2 weeks around the end of december and the beginning of january i had a lot of pregnancy symptoms. but then they all suddenly stopped. i had a full pelvic exam and paps done. PLEASE, if you have any idea what could be wrong please tell me!!:( :confused:
    My one friend didn't know she was pregnant intill she was 7-8 months pregnant
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Wow. Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. I hope eveerything works out okay for you hun. Let us know what they find out

Feb 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_pea07
    well, i went to the doctor on tuesday. I thought i had started my period but it turns out i didnt...im only spotting a lil. we talked and i was diagnosed with amenorrhea (sp?). he thinks im not ovulating...causing me to not have periods. i got an ultrasound done yesterday morning. i wont know the results until i think next week. i dont know why but the ultrasound lady wouldnt let me see the screen. and for some reason part of it was very painful. once i get the results back to see if i have uteran cysts that they couldnt find during the pelvic/paps exam then we are going to discuss b-control to regulate my cycles again. well....ill write back as soon as i know something.
    For those who wanted me to keep you guys posted... I recently had a blood test done and I'm not pregnant. They aren't quite sure why I haven't been having periods, but they think I have PCOS, which makes you not have periods regularly and you can't get pregnant that easily and all. So they are going to give me provera (?) to make me have a period then start me on because to regulate my cycles and I guess when I want to become pregnant I can get pregnant within 3 months after being off the pill.

Thanks to all those who took their time to answer this thread. I really appreciated it. :)
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 26, 2007, 11:16 AM
    I am so sorry you have had such a dissappointing result. I hope everything goes well for you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Well, hopefully things will get back to the right order and you'll get your wish soon! I hope you come back to the site and let us know when you do. Good luck, and best wishes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Irregular periods and pregnancy tests [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I tried to get pregnant for four years and then we finally did and we had a son... now we have been trying for 10 months again and nothing has happened yet... I have irregular periods which I may get every 3 to 4 months and they last about 14 to 17 days... but on Dec.27, I had a...

Late period negative tests [ 6 Answers ]

My period is over two weeks late. I have had 5 urine tests and one blood test all negative for pregnancy. We did briefly use the pull out method on nov 26th and dec 1st. My last period was nov 17th or 18th. I just saw the gyn yesterday and they did pee test 5 on me. She said to repeat the pregnancy...

2months no period.negative tests! Pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm seventeen years old had my period last month, This month I can't say the same !I've had my period since I was 13 ,pretty normal for the most part. I've taken 2 hcg test both negative. I am sexually active with my boyfriend. A week after sex had some slight bleeding & today and yesterday I...

Neg blood tests [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share this information that was shared with me... lol... it's funny how we think that blood tests are the end all for knowing if your pregnant or not. This is another site that has a message board and it is to this board that the like goes too... I hope everyone finds it as...

View more questions Search