Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradyboy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Coolant leak
    Coolant leak 3-4 yrs, now low oil pressure, after 3 times of having something fixed and still having problem, gave up and just been filling coolant, finally someone says it's a crack in the cylinder head. Would k&w block sealer be an option?
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Oct 28, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Head Gasket Sealers--How to pick the right one
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Does your block have Freese plugs, and have you checked them? And have you warmed the vehicle up and checked the exhaust for coolant? It should come out as steam. Also I would place a piece of cardboard under the motor and see if there was even a small leak some where and definetely check the bottom of engine for moisture.
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Oh and by the way block sealers although handy in a pinch can cause a lot of headache later. I/E thermostate, heater core etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Ford Explorer Coolant leak [ 4 Answers ]

It has a slow coolant leak. I can't see any coolant from the top side of the motor. I can see some coolant around both motor mounts. It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the hoses or freeze plugs. I change the oil the other day and I didn't see any trace of water. Could this be coming from...

Mystery coolant leak! [ 1 Answers ]

2004 F250 diesel, owned since new, never beat on, but every once in awhile I wake up to a decent amount of coolant on the ground. I have looked every where for a leak but to no-avail nothing turns up. Any help would be great!

Coolant pipe leak at plastic intake manifold [ 0 Answers ]

Car: Honda Civic 1997 Model: 1.4i 5 door auto Engine: SOHC D14A8E106048 Intake Manifold: Plastic Problem: There is a coolant hose going into Intake Manifold. Female plastic nipple of intake manifold has broken where this hose sits... and coolant is entirely leaking out. Not able to find...

6'0 powerstoke coolant leak under turbo [ 1 Answers ]

I have anti. In intake vally on right side front looks like small hose under turbo

98 Cavalier Z24 Coolant Leak [ 1 Answers ]

My Z24 has developed a coolant leak. It has the 2.4 liter engine in it and sat outside not being used for 2 years until a couple months ago. My daughter has started driving it on a daily basis now. I checked the oil and it is clear. When driving sometimes the heat will stop working and then start...

View more questions Search