Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ukgarrison Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Power surge in kitchen
    I just moved into a home and I am noticing my 6 recessed kitchen lights surge every 10 seconds. Not to drastic by just enough to bother me. I now am also noticing my bathroom lights off the kitchen beginning to surge.

Thanks

Shawn
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Do you have incandescent bulbs or fluorescent ones?
    ukgarrison Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Do you have incandescent bulbs or florescent ones?
    I have incandescent bulbs with 60 watts on a dimmer switch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I would first try to temporarily replace the dimmer with a simple mechanical switch. If the problem goes away it was likely your dimmer. Dimmers are not mechanical any more, they are purely electronic parts that can go bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LH Surge, confusion [ 2 Answers ]

I did ovulation test and had 2 purple lines, great! The tested again next day and it faded, then the next day and it was gone. OK I know that's right, but what is weird is that after 7days I tested again out of sheer suriousity and I had 2 purple lines again. Then next day and day after if was...

Initial surge in water pressure? [ 1 Answers ]

Earlier this week the plumber came to fix the toilets in our house. He did a minor rebuild on two of them (not sure this has anything to do with our problem, but it started as soon as the plumber left). While he was here, he measured the water pressure and told us it was 80psi (same as we'd been...

92 civic cx engine surge [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my civic on the highway and noticed that the car was surging it felt like it was pulsing, I didn't know why and I continued. After about 40 minutes on the highway my engine light came on and I smelled a burning smell. I believe it was a wiring problem, also the car will not go into...

TV power surge [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: We had a wiring mishap... and our TV was connected to a 240 volt circuit. The resulting power surge seems to have fried the TV as it will not turn on... The receiver blew smoke out, but the VCR still works... Is there any help for the TV (internal fuse,reset?)? All 3 were connected. Thanks

Toilet water surge [ 2 Answers ]

Randomly through the day our toilet makes this 30 second water surging sound.  When I look in the toilet bowl I see ripples of water thinking it is new water coming in. What can we do?

View more questions Search