Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Oct 14, 2011, 11:42 AM
    Can I add an end of cycle signal to a dryer?
    I recently purchased a GE stacked washer dryer model (GTUP270EMWW). To my surprise (and horror) it does not have an end of cycle signal for the dryer. Frankly, it never occurred to me that a dryer would not have one. Does anyone know if there is any way to add such a signal? (A timer would not work well since our dryer loads vary a lot in size.)

I'm off to give this model negative five hundred stars on every rating site I can find :-((
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Sure you could add one but you will need a relay, wiring, end of cycle timer signal, and know how to wire it. Basically you need a double pole relay that is kept open by the dryer ON power. When the timer shuts the dryer off, the relay closes and the end of cycle signal is energized. You may find an upgraded model that has this function and you might be able to buy the parts from the factory and add one. Most likely it would be a plug in off the timer.
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Oct 15, 2011, 06:16 AM
    That sounds like a good idea after the warrantee period expires. I'll see if there is anything on the wiring diagram that might be a place for a plug in. For right now, I was wondering about some kind of after market device that might monitor the spinning or exhaust temperature.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Not that I/m aware of. I'd probably just use a kitchen timer for starts.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
    You should be able to find a terminal on the timer that energizes when it reaches the end of the cycle because these timers are used in many different models that have all kinds of features. All you need to do is add a buzzer that is 220 volts or get a transformer and a buzzer to match the output. I am sure if it was my dryer I could find a way using a meter in a few minutes. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usually irregular now cycle won't end. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had irregular periods since I started having my period, and typically my period lasts 3-4 days and I only get it every 2-3 months. The longest I went without having one was 6 months. I started my period 2 weeks ago and its still going strong and I'm starting to get worried. It's very heavy and...

Dishwasher Cycle Seems Never to End [ 4 Answers ]

I have had (and been happy with) our KitchenAid KUDI01L dishwasher for several years. Recently we moved and have kept the old house for a rental. Renters now report that the dishwasher wash cycle seems never to end (at least not after 2 hours). This is the Normal cycle - not scrub or anything out...

How do I turn off cycle signal? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used Kenmore Dryer model number 87880800. I have no manual and it has no option to turn off cycle signal. I HATE this signal and want it gone gone gone! Any ideas how to do it?

View more questions Search