Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stingrayrach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Should I back off him?
    I met a guy last week and we had a date, we kind of flirted on the net before meeting, I am 30 and he is 23 but likes the fact I'm older. He has only been single for 3 months so I didn't hope for anything from this just maybe some fun.

So we ended up having sex and it was amazing, the next evening he contacted me and we ended up meeting the next two nights also. I have met a couple of his friends and he also told me his mom knows about me as he was telling he all about me, he also said he doesn't know if he is ready for another Girlfriend yet but also that he would only really have an older girlfriend now like someone my age and we laughed about this.

Now we are still in touch and still flirting, I have told him I want to get to know him better and that also the sex is amazing and he and he said I can get to know him all I like and that it is incredible. He has also said before that he really likes my company. We plan to do something soon however he does not seem in a massive rush.

I guess what I would like to know is can something more come out of this or am I being really unrealistic?

I have had very long relationships that have started from amazing sex but I was younger then. I think he is funny and clever and already know I am going to fall for this guy.

Should I maybe back off and see if he comes to me more?
    hidden123 Posts: 153, Reputation: 51

Oct 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Hold back. You said he is not in a rush. By holding back you save yourself a heartache and also, in case, there's a chance - you're not pushing him. Either way. Hold back.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 05:04 PM
    The only way to know if this is going somewhere is to explore the other areas of human contact besides just the sex. To be fair, he told you he may not be ready for a relationship, and has only been single for 3 months. Lust fades, love grows but be cautious, because you already have ignored a few red flags, and are smitten after that amazing sex.

So far you have gotten what you want, FUN, so don't complicate it with wanting, or expecting more. And please don't expect him to feel the same as you just because the sex is amazing. A 23 year old guy loves sex, just for SEX! Heck most guys of any age does.
    stingrayrach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
    So I guess I should just leave this situation, I have dated many guys since being single for a year now, some I have slept with after a while of dating and they have then faded away, others I didn't sleep with and they also vanished even after seeming very interested.

Just feel like giving up. I can't seem to get it right.
    hidden123 Posts: 153, Reputation: 51

Oct 12, 2011, 06:47 AM
    You Can't give up :) Just keep on moving forward. Trust me - things can always get worse. Be thankful for things you have. It will happen :) - but you can't forse it. None of us can. Do not make him your priority. I agree with Tali - men can just enjoy sex for sex - doesn't mean there's an attachment. But - don't over think it! Just have fun! And you can date him and also date other guys. If you're not exclusive - just have fun :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2011, 08:21 AM
    You are hardly alone in thinking that getting with, or meeting someone and having fun, AND great sex is a promise for more. We all go into it thinking that it's the beginning of a life time of joy. We can't help it, we are human.

But don't be discouraged at all. Be more practical, take more time for having fun getting to know others, and don't be so quick to enjoy sex so you are not distracted by the good, healthy, lustful feelings.

Then you won't rush in with high hopes and crash and burn when its not as good as you thought. Sex stirs up a lot of intense feelings, and feeds those other desires as well. Then poof, reality sets in when the lust fades.

Too much, too fast, crash and burn.

Go slow, enjoy the journey, and keep your heart safe, and your options open, and a balanced happy life is the key to that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Toilet leaking around base, back up into tub when flush, kitchen sink back up [ 3 Answers ]

Seem like everything is back up. Recently I've been having issue with my plumbing all around. The toilet seems to be backing up into the tub and is leaking around the base. I could hear water bubble sound coming up the toilet when I try to run water down the tub. As for the kitchen sink it seems to...

Issue with hot water & pressure for 2 back to back shower units. [ 0 Answers ]

We have 2 levels in the house with 2 water heaters. Hot water & pressure is fine to the entire house (including the upstairs bathroom sinks), however, recently we lost both hot water & pressure to the 2 upstairs showers.

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search