Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 03:12 PM
    GE Chest Freezer
    Hey my GE chest freezer model # CB15DNB stop freezing all I hear is a relay type sound about every ten minutes or when I plug unit in.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
    Sounds like you need to try a hard start kit. Sometimes the compressor gets hard to start so they have a kit that plugs onto the compressor with a capacitor (make sure and get the one WITH a capacitor, not without). The compressor has three terminals: Common, start, and run (or motor on some). These are usually labelled with common at the top and on little cover you will see C at top then S and R or M for bottom 2. Hook the plug on wires on these terminals and then the two other wires go to power coming in. If you have a meter the highest reading will be between start and run, then common and start, and then common and run. For example: run to start = 10 ohms, common to start = 7 ohms, common to run = 3 ohms. R to S = C to S + C to R. You should get the hard start kit for 1/5 - 1/2 hp compressors. Hopefully, this will solve your problem. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can be done for chest pain feels like my heart going to break threw my chest [ 2 Answers ]

I was sleeping I woke up to take some pain pills for my back. Two hours later I woke back up and it feels like my chest going to explode

Chest Freezer side hot [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Chest freezer appears to be running but one outside wall is very hot to the touch it is the wall were the Compressor is located. The compresor does not appear to be hotter than usal. The other outside walls are also very warm but not as hot. The freezer is about ten years old. Any...

Freezer chest ffc0723dw8 [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought this frigidaire frezr chest at yard sale . Has been running on high for the past 4 days, has some frost on the inside walls now. The ice pops we put in there are now liquid form. How would one test to check thermostat or the coldnest dial. Thank you

Chest freezer getting hot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chest freezer, it is running in an environment of 80-85 degrees F, one side of the freezer is getting hot, it does not have cooling fins on the back. If I could reduce the temperature of that side by either passing air, or a water jacket, would it make the freezer more efficient? Also,...

Chest Freezer (Hiding the top) [ 1 Answers ]

My upright freezer has a lot of rust spots on top that looks unsightly. Any suggestions on what I can put on top of it to cover that won't cause it to sweat, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search