Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shedmove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Moving an 8'x20' storage shed
    I want to move an old Uhaul truck body used as a shed from one location to another. It is 8'x 20'. I need to locate it in a backyard with limited space for manuvering.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2011, 04:50 PM
    You will need a flat trailer with a winch system to put the shed on and then back it into the space where you want to place it. There are guys who deliver sheds all day long that could probably do this for you for a nominal cost. Contact any local shed dealer and ask them who they use and then contact the person yourself. They are professionals and know how to do this and they have the flat trailers with winches needed and usually drive pick up trucks that are medium sized to fit anywhere.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2011, 03:22 AM
    Twinkie is correct, contact a shed dealer, they have the right equipment.

I just received a new 10 x 16 shed and they moved my existing 8 x 12 to another address.

I commented why did they only sent one guy? When I saw what the trailer can do, I understood.

It had dolly wheels that drop down and move the trailer side to side, the tongue extended, even had a "lazy susan" turnstyle pedestal that raised and lifted the shed so it could turn it 90 degrees.

Amazing what this what looked like a simple trailer could do.
    tammyrankin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 02:39 PM
    I can't find anyone with that type of equiptment or anyone for that matter that can move 10 x 16 storage bldg - what company did you use & where are you, what city & state?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor Storage Shed foundation. [ 5 Answers ]

I am building an outdoor storage shed 9ft X 12ft. I plan to use concrete peirs that are 8"-10" in diameter for the sheds foundation. I have been able to dig holes for the 9 peirs but can only go about 2 feet deep easily. I would like to go deeper but it would take a lot of additional effort. What...

Arrow Brentwood Storage Shed 5x4 in back of apartment? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, could anyone please tell me me if assembling a storage shed in the back of an apartment is doable without the need for some kind of an anchor kit, and still have it stand in one piece on a mild windy day? Home Depot website at: Arrow Brentwood 5 Ft. X 4 Ft. Storage Building - BW54 at...

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

Storage shed [ 5 Answers ]

I have reached the point where every time I leave the house I have to juggle cars, lawn mowers, lawn tractors, wheelbarrows and assorted "stuff." I rent a storage unit for the hard top of my car but that's getting pricey. I think it's time to get a storage shed - anyone have any suggestions...

How to Rehab a Shed? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 11 ft by 28 ft shed I am looking to rehab and live in as a one room efficiency. Problem is, it needs a lot of work. I'm a woman so I really don't know much about these kind of things, and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. It has large cracks in the walls that need to be...

View more questions Search