Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkipW Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2011, 05:32 PM
    How can I decrease time to shutdown on HP Media Center PC
    Bought a used 2005 HP MCE PC. It works fine but when I tell it to shutdown, it takes 2 minutes before the shutdown option appears. On all my other XP Pro machines it is pretty much instantaneous. There were tons of games on it and I removed pretty much all of them. When I rebooted after removing them, it worked like my other machines for a couple of times, so I thought I must have removed what was causing the 2 minute delay. However, it came back right away. Any idea what it's doing while I twiddle my thumbs? And, it is 2 minutes because I've timed it multiple times. For now, so I don't have to wait, I just run Auslogics Defrag with the shutdown option.

Thanks... Skip

Check out some similar questions!

Videos won't play in Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center [ 0 Answers ]

I get an error message 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file' when I try to play any of my videos. I have tried to download 2 different Codec packs and still cannot play any videos. I read a suggestion to download VLC Media player, so I did, and it plays the videos but...

Media Center on Windows XP [ 9 Answers ]

I have Media Center on my computer, hooked up through our DISH satelllite so I can watch TV while I am on the computer. I think I need to update something because about every 45 to 60 seconds, the whole computer including Media Center freezes up for about 5 seconds. I have tried to figure out...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.