Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shycapricorn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 07:54 PM
    What should I do about my depression?
    My name is Rachelle. I'm 15 years old.
    I'm extremely shy and I believe it's taking over my life.
    I've been very depressed lately & I don't have any friends, only my friend in another state... but I still feel lonely. I've been crying buckets and buckets... what can I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
    You may have to have your parents take you to a doctor to be assessed for this depression. How long has this been going on? If it's been going on a long time (several months) then you definitely need to see a doctor.
    shycapricorn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 08:00 PM
    It's been going on since about last week. I didn't mind it for the 1st few months of school...
    circles102 Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Sep 28, 2011, 08:24 PM
    I know how you feel, it sucks, but what you van for is do lots of thinga oou like and then start meeting new people, I know it may seem impossible now, but one day you kust havr to getu p and talk to people, its not always as easy as it sounds, and sometimes youl convinc yourslefyour going to do it then when your right about to you get super neervous, when that happens that's a good sign and just don't worry about what you thiknk about it an d talk to people. Like wondergilr said you could also probably use some prossesional help, it helped me, so good luck and don't get to down on yourself.

Circles

Ps sory about my spellig, I super glued my fibgers together an its hard to type

0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Hi,Rachelle, I am so sorry you feel like this,at your age lots of things are happening with your hormones,if the balance is not right,it can affect you in all sorts of different ways.A good idea just to check this out would be to go see your GP he/she can do a blood test, this will show any abnormalities.Don't worry hormones will put themselves right.

You say you don't have friends is this the main reason why your so sad?when your shy this doesn't help, I know, I was exactly the same at your age,but it will pass,you will gradually gain confidence as you get older.

There will be people that you go to school with, perhaps you could invite them round one evening,maybe just one at a time,watch a film or maybe help each other out doing your studies,this could then lead to going to the shops at weekends or meeting for a chat and a coffee or coke what ever your drink is.Gradually you will biuld a friendship.If someone has a problem offer to help, be it home work, a spot of baby sitting, a little shopping, anything where you will mix with other people,one thing will lead to another.

You can of course have friends online of your own age,Facebook is very good for this.This way you can chat in the safety of your home getting to know them,before you meet... make sure the place is public,you tell your Mum, even better you go with someone else as well... if you'd rather not meet, then after a period of knowing them you could always invite them to your home when your family are also there.

An altenative to online friends is, penpals,I remember having thirteen of them.You write to each other via pen and paper, I know that sounds a bit old fashioned but it is great fun waiting for the mail to arrive being able to relax after school and read the latest update from your penpal.In time you can even visit each other.

I am sure given time you will have many friends, but remember... to have a friend, you have to be a friend.
    Jacob_s Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Rachelle, I am so sorry you feel this way. I have a young friend who feels the same. What should you do? Just hang on to small positive things. At times it may seem like the whole world is crashing around you but at your age you need to focus on simple things away from you. You say you have 1 friend in a whole other state? Talk to him or her if can get in any contact with them as much as you can. To use an old phrase me wife taught me: Light always shines through broken black glass. Find that light and hang onto it because sometimes you life really depends on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Depression [ 15 Answers ]

I have been depressed for a long time now. Finally I got put on medication for it at my gf's request but now our relationship is on the rocks and I believe it may be all my fault because for some reason I am super afraid of things going south. Like I can't break the mood, especially since my dosage...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

Depression, why? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I've been feeling a little down lately, I'm thinking it was because of me yelling at my g/f then she goes and says its because of her and I think it's a combination of stuff, I'm thinking it might be caused by my absence of bowling, I've been bowling for like 6 years now and I haven't bowled in...

View more questions Search