Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesmurph40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Po 605 code on a ford powerstroke 7.3
    What causes a PO 605 internal control module ROM error on a 1997 ford powerstroke 7.3?
    thundermobilere Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Sep 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
    If you have a chip then the chip will cause this. If you have a chip is the vehicle doing anything funny? Any lights on? If not, then you are good to go, if so what other P codes are you seeing? Sometimes with certain chips you need to change the Bank 2 Oxygen sensor
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thundermobilere View Post
    If you have a chip then the chip will cause this. If you have a chip is the vehicle doing anything funny? Any lights on? If not, then you are good to go, if so what other P codes are you seeing? Sometimes with certain chips you need to change the Bank 2 Oxygen sensor
    You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
    thundermobilere Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2011, 09:42 AM
    I have a lot of knowledge with what I am talking aboutI am a Master Mechanic on Power Strokes, and have seen many issues with these chips that 99% of the time cause the issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Problems [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 diesel engine. I just recently started having problems with the truck not starting backup on a warm start. Of all times it started after my 100,000 mile warranty was up. It's funny how that happens. I took it to Ford and they said my fuel injection control module was...

Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 6.0 peace of crap I drove it home it ran great next morning went to get in it and it turns over fine but still won't start I have check all the fuses and still no start. Any Idea

Ford powerstroke diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Working on 250 super duty will not start friend that is mechanic said maybe the cam sensor what do you think

Ford powerstroke problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 f250 just started blowing blue smoke

View more questions Search