Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 10:08 PM
    Hair brush suggestions for thick hair
    I have very very thick, coarse hair. Its about 1/2 way down my back, looks beautiful when I blow dry it/flat iron it. (it's naturally straight w/some wave in the back). I FINALLY after many years practicing mastered blow drying my hair w/a round brush & turns out last time I did this, I didn't even have to apply the flat iron to it! (I wash my hair every 2 weeks). Well... today I was attempting to blow dry my hair again & smelled something burning... my round thick bristled brush was practically melting =( Basically, I need to know what kind of brush & how BIG of a brush (preferably a round brush) I need to be using for my thickness/length. I hope its not the wire like brushes... because my hair seems to knot up in those. Thanks!
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Sep 27, 2011, 11:26 PM
    Adispatcher,

It is really nice that you have asked what is there in your mind, as you will get sane or whatever advice, only if you ask, as it is said, "ASK and you will GET." Nice.

But, here, I would write the age-old preliminary... you post your photograph here, so that we may have a look at how your hair looks, as per which we will be in a better position to help you out. Is n't it? By inserting the front and back of your hair, you will help us in a big way to help you.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 08:59 AM
    You may want to try a 1 1/2 to 2" barrel boar bristle brush. The natural fibers help to smooth your hair and promote shine without tangling. (I have thick curly, knotty hair)

Sep 28, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Thanks kcomissiong. Should I go w/the wooden brush w those type of bristles or the metal brush w/those type of bristles? I'm trying to think of the difference btwn the two. I know that I've had bad experiences w/the metal type brushes because my hair gets caught up in them & knots in them, but it could be cause I wasn't using a big enough brush. But anyway, do you know the difference btwn the two & which you think is best, for me anyway? And you in this case, sounds like we have very similar hair.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 04:51 AM
    I have a wooden one. It heats up less with my hair dryer, so its just more practical for me to use.

Sep 29, 2011, 05:39 AM
    awesome. Thanks =)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 06:50 AM
    There is also an olive oil heat protecting serum I use along with a wide toothed comb and the concentrator nozzle on my hair dryer, and that has done really well for my hair.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 29, 2011, 07:43 AM
    I have very thick hair too and I use a conair round brush. They still sell them at walmart. It's blue with a rubber handle. I think the wooden ones are good too but I love the conair one the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best hair product to tame unruly damaged wavy hair- thick [ 1 Answers ]

What products can I use when str8ning that help repair?

I have this thin hair and I hate it! I really want a lush and thick hair [ 2 Answers ]

I was not really blessed wd lush and thick hair ever since... do you know sum natural treatment or any products which will help me have the thick hair I always want? HELp me... :confused:

I want thick healthy hair [ 3 Answers ]

My hair was never as thin as it is now. It has been thin for the past 16 years and everyone reminds me of it. What are the reasons for my hair thinning? I'm only 30.

Thick Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I am Colombian and I have thick black hair. I used to part it back in the day, but now I'm doing other things, but the flip doesn't work good, unless I cut it short and usually the haircutters cut it too short to do anything so I have to wait for it do grow some length to comb...

View more questions Search