Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capability Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Small claims
    I am going to sue someone in small claims court... he is a German man... he has lived in America for many years... speaks English well... his wife is telling me I must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language... he has got a drivers license in the us.. as well as has got a mortgage and even a FFA license for HAM radio... he works with me and speaks English every day... very well... he wants me to pay for this... I realize I won't have to if I win... but is there some way to stop his wife from making this demand? I have letters and e mails from him that show he speaks English with no problems.
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 3, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by capability
    i am going to sue someone in small claims court...he is a German man...he has lived in America for many years...speaks English well...his wife is telling me i must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language...he has got a drivers license in the us..as well as has got a mortgage and even a FFA license for HAM radio...he works with me and speaks English every day...very well... he wants me to pay for this...i realize i wont have to if i win...but is there some way to stop his wife from making this demand? i have letters and e mails from him that show he speaks English with no problems.
    If you win the case, they will file an appeal due to the language barer. See if a school near you has a teacher that speaks German, who can act as an interpreter. As long as it is not a personal friend or relative of yours, you should be fine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Actully the court should provide the interpreter,

And next of courset he wife has no bearing, she can tell you to wear a bunny suit but it means nothing, the suit is between you and the man, if the man wishes anything, he has to make a petition to the court for one.

This normally will just be part of the court cost if the court accepts his request. Honestly I would not bend to any of their demands but let the court decide if they want one before they begin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Small claims [ 7 Answers ]

My car was hit back in April. Since no one was hurt, and I was in such a hurry to get where I was going, I did not call the police. I quickly jotted down the man's information myself. However, I cannot get money out of the guy. He said he would pay and now isn't. The damage is approx $400.00. ...

Took ex boyfriend to small claims, HELP [ 4 Answers ]

I took my ex boyfriend to small claims because he owes me $2,600. And I won, but I am having trouble getting the money. I tried to garnish his wages, he works with his grandfather, so they lied and said he is working part time. So I couldn't garnish. What do I do?? I want to know if I can take...

View more questions Search