Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffkory Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 03:20 PM
    2000 ex accord idle problem
    Hi, I just put a used low milage 3.0 engine in my 2000 ex accord.{new timing belt-water pump-adjusters-spark plugs-oil- anti freeze-and burped the system -it sounds great... I tried the upper plenum off both engines {the old engine broke timing belt but ran great until that happened } it has a cold start idle of 2000 rpm then when computor takes over it surges between 1200 to 1900 rpm continuisly- eventually it sets a code 0505 I checked for a vacuum leak with carb cleaner and smoke-- nouthing... Is it possible for both iac valves to be bad-- I also checked the iac by disconnecting the one on the car and hooking up the extra one{ in my hand} and I don't see anything moving inside it--does the rod move in them? It isn't very dirty inside either.. It doesn't seem to me that both iac valves could be bad-- what do you think...
    thundermobilere Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Its very possible that the IAC is bad. The other could be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) since the RPMs are running at 1200, also check and clean your mass air flow sensor. Plus P0505 is for the IAC anyway. You can check for voltage, but if you are not seeing the rod move then that's your problem anyway.I would first start by replace the IAC then go on from there
    jeffkory Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
    Yea it was the iac- Now I'm getting a front oxygen sensor code... Computorized vehicles are good when their good but horrible when their bad.. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic VP (DX) idle problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I noticed many helpful posts and would like to ask for some advice on my wife's 2000 Honda Civic VP 1.6l. It has almost 80k miles on it. Recently, the car had been idling pretty rough, to the point that it would vibrate and stall at a stop sign or traffic light. Then the "check engine"...

2000 kia sephia at idle shut down and won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 kia sephia it cut off at idle and noww it won't start

Erratic idle on 86 Accord Fluctuating RPM in idle [ 1 Answers ]

When starting rpms rise to 3000 then will die you can keep it running if you hold gas above 3000 idel id varey erotic if under 3000 rpms vary hard to keep running

2000 honda civic idle rpm [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to adjust this and what is the normal idle rpm

2000 Honda Civic Rough Idle [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Civic. Recently it started idling rough and low. I also have started to notice that it lacks power and surges when it is in overdrive. It runs great and still gets about 29 mpg other than that. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

View more questions Search