Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingvigor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Baseboard heater and attach it to the available 15amp non dedicated wall outlet
    I would like to heat an area (180cf with no moving air) using a 1500W using a baseboard heater and attach it to the available 15amp non dedicated electrical wall outlet. I would also like to control the temp. Inside this space with a standard home T-stat. mounted inside the area being heated. I understand the T-stat uses 24v while the heat source is 120v.
    What know model of baseboard heaters is available on the market that will allow me to use the circuitry of the available 15amp non dedicated electrical wall outlet. I am willing to lose the usability of the outlet if needs to.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Thou you may be willing to lose the outlet, but it may be there for a reason of spacing, no more than 12 feet of wall space cannot be with out an outlet.

Why the 24 volt stat? Just get a 120 volt baseboard heater with a built in thermostat.The 24 volt stat will require a 24 volt transformer to control a 24 volt relay that will switch the 120 volt heater. Very messy and not practical to do.

If the 15 amp outlet is not dedicated and has other loads on it, those loads will not be able to run with the 12.5 amps of heater load.

For heaters,try http://www.cadetco.com/Energy efficient electric fan and baseboard heaters, for your complete home including living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and more.[/url].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall outlet orientation [ 17 Answers ]

Just out of curiosity I was wondering about the orientation of three prong 120v outlets. Most times I see outlets they are oriented with the ground prong down though sometimes I have seen them with the ground prong at the top. I had asked about it once at a company I worked for previously and was...

Changing 15amp outlet to 30 - will it work? [ 4 Answers ]

Our gas dryer just went out and we have an electric one in the shed. When we brought it in to plug it up the plug was not the same kind as the outlet. (The gas dryer was plugged into a standard outlet with the washer.) The electric dryer's cord has an L shaped prong but the outlet has what looks...

Installing double pole wall t-stat baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220 baseboard heater, and it is on dedicated circuit. Heater works okay as I have run wires straight through and turned on circuit breaker and heater works. This is a Marley baseboard heater and wall double pole thermostat. Instructions with thermostat leave a lot to be desired. Actual...

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

Wall outlet to cd drive? [ 2 Answers ]

Please I need help to connect the wall outlet to a cd drive, I was thinknin about puttin it in my car, but I have no idea how to, can someone please help me it would really REALLY help, I've been looking for like the past year and I haven't found anything

View more questions Search