Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b.jensen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 09:50 AM
    Adding a fence to concrete wall
    I'm going to build a 3' concrete retaining wall and a 6' fence on top. Is it best to wet set the 4x4 brackets in the wall for the posts? What are my other options?
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Aug 30, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Are you using metal pipe or wood for posts?
    b.jensen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Wood posts
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Wet setting is the easiest way. Another way is to let the concrete harden, use a hammer drill to set red head or lead anchors and then screw brackets to the concrete and screw the 4X4 to the brackets. I think wet setting is easiest and best. HOWEVER make sure to do the fence layout first or you will be cutting a lot of fence supports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wooden gated fence in concrete [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add a fence on top of my driveway. There is an 18 foot gap in between my garage and house that I would like to put a wooden fence into. The idea is put in a 12 foot gate with two side. One side would be 8 foot long on wheels only to be opened up when needed to drive through (truck,...

Concrete block fence [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have a 4 and a half feet concrete block retaining wall that was unfinished when we moved in to our home. I would like to know if adding another three levels of concrete blocks is a DIY project or it this would need to to be done by professionals.

Adding Basement Door by cutting concrete wall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need more space in the house, so I am getting my basement done. The basement only has an entrance from inside the house, but I would like to make another exit directly from outside. The wall I have to cut through is a brick/concrete wall but I am not sure if cutting through it would bring...

How to put fence in concrete floor? [ 1 Answers ]

My pool is surrounded by a concrete floor and concrete retaining wall at one corner. The wall is about 18 feet from the ground at its highest measurement. So... I'm trying to figure out how to put a fence along this corner that will be sturdy enough to keep my kids from falling over the wall. Do I...

Wood fence mounted on concrete wall [ 4 Answers ]

Howdy all. I want to put up a wood fence, mounted on top of an existing poured concrete wall that's about 2' tall. My question is about how to connect the wooden posts to the concrete securely. I was thinking of drilling into the concrete, setting maybe 3/4" threaded bolts (using bolt-setting...

View more questions Search