Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btucker Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Concrete Wall
    I am going to pour a slab in a pole barn. I want to have 4' high by 12' long concrete wall on both sides of the wash bay. Can I form the walls up so that I can pour the walls and the slab at the same time?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Usually not since the wall forms need to sit on the floor for support. It can and has been done just like pouring a concrete stair stoop. It may not be saving you time like you think and it certainly is not going have a significant savings with materials.
    btucker Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
    THe problem is that concrete is $98.oo a yard and if I order less the 4 yards they charge another $50.00 to deliver. THe walls will only take a little over a yard.
    gozanic Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2007, 01:12 PM
    It can be done but unless you are very familiar with forms and concrete it will be difficult to get a good job. Maybe this would work for you, when you pour the concrete for the slab install a row of re-bar in the center line of the two walls, let the re-bar stick above the concrete slab 4" or so. After the slab is cured lay a row of concrete blocks letting the re-bar stick up into the cavities in the blacks. Fill the cavities in the blocks with concrete, it shouldn't take much so it can be mixed from the bags of pre mix from HD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Concrete wall, tile glue removal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a concrete block home built in 1952. The walls are all concrete block with a rough finish on them. I believe it is also concrete, or mortar spread on the walls as a finish. I've chipped some if it away when removing my iron tub last year and it looks like it's spread concrete to...

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

Wood fence mounted on concrete wall [ 4 Answers ]

Howdy all. I want to put up a wood fence, mounted on top of an existing poured concrete wall that's about 2' tall. My question is about how to connect the wooden posts to the concrete securely. I was thinking of drilling into the concrete, setting maybe 3/4" threaded bolts (using bolt-setting...

View more questions Search