Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovely14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Can I make my first period come sooner?
    I just turned 14 and I still haven't started my period. All my friends have started and I really want it to just start already. Is there anything I can eat, drink, or do to make it come sooner? I have heard that drinking green tea or eating yogurt can make you start quicker. Can it?
    lovely14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Can I make my first period come sooner?
    I just turned 14 and I still haven't started my period. All my friends have started and I really want it to just start already. Is there anything I can eat, drink, or do to make it come sooner? I have heard that drinking green tea or eating yogurt can make you start quicker. Can it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2011, 10:58 AM

No, it will come when it will come. You will then have as many as 40 (or more) years of enjoying it.
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Aug 11, 2011, 11:20 AM

I don't think you will be saying that when it actually does happen.lol There is no way of making it happen quicker. If you are being picked on or being made to feel left out by your friends because you haven't started your period yet, then they are not very good friends. If you yourself feel left out because you haven't started yet, your friend's won't think any less of you because of this, if they are good friends.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 11, 2011, 11:59 AM
    >threads Merged<
    sHazel Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2011, 05:31 PM
    There is no way to make it come faster your body is working how it should but if it concerns you, you can go to a doctor and they can reassure you. My mother did no get her period until she was almost 17... Some signs that you are about to start are, when you develop breast tissue after that it could be up to a year before your period starts and pubic hair also mood swings... but it will come when it is supposed to don't worry it doesn't make you strange or weird to not have it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
    There is no way to make it come sooner, and you will soon find you may not want your wish after you get it.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 3, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Don't worry you're later than others. I'd advise you that if you haven't started by age 16, then go and speak to your doctor. They may even tell you to wait another year or so, as some women simply start later.

Cherish what might be your last few months clear of wearing sanitary pads and tampons!

X Dani

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period a day or two early this cycle and it ended a day or two sooner [ 2 Answers ]

Than I usually do however I have been off my period for the last 4-5 days and I have been having what feels like menstrual cramps ever since. I feel bloated and just like I'm about to start my period. What can this be?

My deployment to Afghanistan was most likely moved left ie: sooner. [ 1 Answers ]

What a bummer... now I only get to spend 1 month with my newborn daughter Faith once she arrives :( This is what I signed up for but... it still sucks!

US whites 'to be minority sooner' [ 15 Answers ]

Hi All, I've just read this article; US whites 'to be minority sooner' And was wondering what people thought of the story! J

How to get off probation sooner [ 3 Answers ]

The judge that put me on probation said I could pay a fine of 10k or take probation Now that I can how do I go about paying the fine

View more questions Search