Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmwp2000 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Hot water everywhere but not my shower
    We just had our house built in the last 6 months, we are finding out some problems.
    Our hot water from our sinks are great, but the master shower and the guest shower hot water is only luke warm. (yes, we turned up the hot water temp) We took out the screen from the shower head, and it still doesn't give us hot water. And also there isn't a whole lot of water pressure from them either. We changed the shower heads also.
    Please give me some advice on what to do next, because I love a hot, hot , hot shower.
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Did you ever have hot water out of your showers or has this been a problem from the start? What's the drand name of your shower valves and are they skald guard or posi temp valves? Regards, Tom

Feb 1, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Did you ever have hot water out of your showers or has this been a problem from the start? What's the drand name of your shower valves and are they skald guard or posi temp valves? Regards, Tom
    Hi Tom,
    This has always been a problem. Brand name: Delta. Uh, I'm not sure of the third questions skaid guard or posi temp valves? Because I don't know what that is. Sorry, I am not very familiar with pluming, but I am willing to learn.:)
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwp2000
    Hi Tom,
    This has always been a problem. Brand name: Delta. Uh, I'm not sure of the third questions skaid guard or posi temp valves? because I don't know what that is. Sorry, I am not very familar with pluming, but I am willing to learn.:)
    Sounds to me like the valve was never calibrated.

There should be a temperature limiting stop behind the handle assembly that should allow you to increase the rotation of the handle further to the hot side.

Feb 1, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    Sounds to me like the valve was never calibrated.

There should be a temperature limiting stop behind the handle assembly that should allow you to increase the rotation of the handle further to the hot side.
    Thanks, how do I do that?:rolleyes:
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Try this.
    harishmanan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 08:55 AM
    We just had our house built in the last 6 months, we are finding out some problems.
    Our hot water from our sinks are great, but the master shower and the guest shower hot water is only luke warm. (yes, we turned up the hot water temp) We took out the screen from the shower head, and it still doesn't give us hot water. And also there isn't a whole lot of water pressure from them either. We changed the shower heads also.
    Please give me some advice on what to do next, because I love a hot, hot , hot shower.
    Thanks
    You will need to open a handle of the shower and adjust it there.

Feb 1, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harishmanan
    You will need to open a handle of the shower and adjust it there.
    Again, I don't mean to be stupid, but could you tell me how to do that? It's one big knob. It's delta if that helps. Picture would help too.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Again, I don't mean to be stupid, but could you tell me how to do that? It's one big knob. It's delta if that helps. Picture would help too.
    Remove the set screw in the bottom of the handle,(see image) and pull it off.
    You may now remove the face plate screws and pull the plate off to reveal the valve. Good luck, Tom

Feb 2, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Remove the set screw in the bottom of the handle,(see image) and pull it off.
    You may now remove the face plate screws and pull the plate off to reveal the valve. Good luck, Tom
    Thank God I didn't have to do all that. But, I do have hot, hot water. It was the valve that needed to be adjusted. Thanks Tom your first picture was great.
    besoga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Hello,

We are having the same issue. There isn't hot water coming out of our new Delta tub faucet. My husband is going to follow your directions to try to fix it.

What I don't see, in your instructions, is what to do once you take the plate off.
    Will he see the valve when he takes it off? Is it self explanitory?
    Can you let me know what he should do when he takes the plate off?

Thanks!
    Joanne:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot water in shower not getting HOT! [ 4 Answers ]

The water in my master shower will not get hot unless I turn the water on in the bathtub also. The same goes for the sinks in the master bath. So every morning, I have to take a shower with the separate tub running at the same time. It seems as if there is not enough water flow to get/keep the...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search