Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopheim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
    1966 American Standard shower faucet replacement parts
    Have a shower faucet (American Standard) in house built in 1966. Hot and cold water do not mix properly. Trying to find parts or replacement as a new fixture would require replumbing the pipes. Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 09:52 AM

If you shop around you should find replacement parts. Faucet Part - Bathroom Product List - Faucet Parts I'd explore that and stop by a good plumbing supply shop long before considering replacing the entire mixer. Take your cartridge or ball valve to the shop and shop it to the guy at the counter. You'd me amazed how many times these guys reach on the shelf and hand you a new one.
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Aug 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Try the company.

Last year, I had several vey helpful people at American Standard identify and supply replacement parts for a 1995 valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

Looking for Standard shower valve replacement parts [ 9 Answers ]

I have a vintage single-handle Standard shower valve that is leaking. The plumber tells me that Standard was very high-end in its day, and there aren't any replacement parts available. The house was built in 1929, and I still have the pedestal sink, tub and toilet. If I can't find the repair...

Low hot water pressure in bathtub of american standard faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a American Standard single handle faucet in my bathtub, the cold water in both the shower and tub is fine. The hot water pressure in both the shower and tub is very low. Is there anything I can do on my own to get more pressure in the hot water. Thanks RH

American standard shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I installed a american standard shower valve in my shower and I hooked up the hot and cold supply lines backwards. Is there and easy fix to this I really don't want to cut a hole in the back of my wall to fix this. Thanks Stancy

Replacement knobs for American Standard shower [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find replacement knobs for an old American Standard shower? There are two knobs, hot and cold.

View more questions Search