Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhotp Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Why does my sister-in-law keeping asking me if I have a boyfriend?
    Hello,
    I have a question? I am a 40 year-old female, and I am happy with my life right now. I am not interested right now in having an intimate(sexual) relationship with a man, but, several times my sister-in-law has asked me if I have a boyfriend yet. It upsets me a lot when she asks me this. My question is: Why does she keep asking me if I have a boyfriend?

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:07 PM

Only she knows the answer to that question.

What is your response when she asks you that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:24 PM

Perhaps she knows someone ? Perhaps she is worried that you will be a "old maid" Have you sat down and discussed this with her
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Two things I can't think of:
    1) She might just be trying to make innocent conversation with you, and doesn't realise that her constant prying is upsetting you, or
    2) She wants to set you up with someone and might think that asking you questions about it will lead you to opening up about what kind of guy you're looking for etc.

I think that maybe you just need to be honest with her about how her questionning is making you feel, but try be tactful. Just say that you're really happy the way you are, and don't feel like you want or need a man in your life right now, then change the subject onto something else.

I'm sure she's not meaning to hurt you, is just probably trying to help you. So just tactfully let her know that you don't need any help and you're happy the way you are :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demanding Sister in Law (brother-in-law wife) [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got engaged to my fiancé his brother's wife has not stopped making comments about me. Initially it was about my weight, which I admit was a problem, but I have since lost it. Then she began talking to my parents about how much more I am getting from the family in wedding presents etc...

What do you do when your friends little sister is keeping your crush from you? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you do when your friend has a sister that is 2 grades lower than you who is keeping your crush away from you when she hates him?

Keeping Secrets from my boyfriend [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, well my BF and I have been dating for about 8 months now... and I really can't see myself being with anyone else but him. Only problem is, sometimes I have a hard time telling him things. I want him to know everything, but I just don't want him to overreact to something I tell him. For...

My sister-in-law and her live in boyfriend of 5 years have never had sex! [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law recently came to me for advice. I really didn't know what to tell her. She told me that she has never had sex with her boyfriend of 5 years. They have lived together and slept in the same bed for the last 4 years. She said that she had tried to encourage sex, but he always says...

Keeping sister safe from inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

My siblings and I own property as a result of our fathers death. We would like to sell it, and split the proceeds. However, one sibling is a severe drug addict, has been incarcerated several times over the years, and can't take care of herself in general. Is there anything we can do to make sure...

View more questions Search