Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamers100 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 12:52 PM
    Will I still grow?
    I'm 13 and I will be 14 in two months. I'm a girl and I'm 5' . My mom is 5'2 and my dad is 6'. My height didn't really bother me before but then my 11 year old sister passed me up. So now I'm starting to becme
    Self conscious about it.also is there anything I could to to increase my height by a few inches without damaging my body besides eating healthy?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 12:55 PM

Dude Im 33 and my nephew who is 11 is an inch shorter then me. We are who we are don't be self conscious about it. BE PROUD OF IT!!
    Jamers100 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Comment on spitvenom's post
    Thanks I'll try. It's just hard when everyone is telling you how short you are and thinking your little sister is older than you.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 01:05 PM

Trust me I went through it. I am only 5'4". I hated being short. But then I tried out for the football team and actually made the team. Then went out for the basketball team and made it. You will have to do things that boost your confidence and don't dwell on the short jokes and comments!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 01:05 PM

You'll be growing until you're 21 or 22. My second son was a shrimp, but shot up during his teens. His pants would fit him perfectly in the morning when he put them on, and we could see his bare ankles when he came home from school, so fast did he grow taller. We spent a fortune on clothes.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 02:11 PM
    My daughter is somewhat short... I tell her not to worry about it so much, there is still time for her to grow. She is worried about boys... I have told her there are many, many boys out there that like girls who aren't tall so there's still nothing to worry about. It will all work out however it's supposed to. Don't worry so much!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 4, 2011, 03:06 PM

My sister is 5 years older than me, and 5 inches shorter. Age has very little to do with height.

You may still grow. Girls tend to hit just about their full height by their mid-teens, but can add an inch or more until their early twenties.

With the large gap in your parents' heights, you could fall anywhere in the middle. Since girls don't usually hit huge growth spurts after they hit their teen years, you'll probably be closer to your mom's height than your dad's.

One thing that you may appreciate later, is that shorter women tend to look younger and age better. I have no idea why that is, but it tends to be true as far as I've observed. It'll suck for the next several years when people will think you're younger than you are, but when you're 40, and look 30, you'll probably be glad.

As venom said, don't focus too much on your height. If you do, then you'll start to let it limit you.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2011, 04:19 AM

I'm 24 and 5'1 and the guys love my petite size :) although you're too young for all that now but if you don't grow too much over the years and take after your mother you'll learn to love your height, small and cute ;)
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adviceishere View Post
    im 24 and 5'1 and the guys love my petite size :) although you're too young for all that now but if you dont grow too much over the years and take after your mother you'll learn to love your height, small and cute ;)
    In all fairness not all guys love petite women. I myself prefer different. Different strokes for different folks.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 04:27 PM

Nobody said all guys love petite women but there are PLENTY of guys that do.

The girl who posted this is worried about being smaller and your post certainly didn't help the situation. Sure, different strokes and all that... we know.

Jamers, don't worry about it. What the rest of us said here is still true. No need to worry, everything will work out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw. The Miracle grow got on top of m [ 6 Answers ]

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw and it stained the alumunium. Any way to clean this up?

How do you get these to grow in? [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth haven't grown in and its been about 5 months since I lost them. I am 15, and I was supposed to lose these when I was 11. I am freaking out! Is there any possible way that I can like make them grow in? I have never had this problem before.

Will I grow any more? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if I will grow anymore I am 18 female I am 5'5. My mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'1 and my younger sister is about 5'8. I know nutrition effects growth I had an eating diorder since I was 14 and I have been a vegitariean since I was like 5 or 6. I do try to eat more now. So is there...

View more questions Search