Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    montana001 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 09:38 PM
    What should I do about him and my parents
    Hey, Well I really like this guy and we are super close. We text and talk all the time, and so the other day he and I along with a couple of my other friends went out. But yesterday he said he wanted to see me again, But my parents are really really protective. I really want see him though. He is always telling me how much he misses me, and how much I mean to him. When we go to bed he always tells me he loves me and so of course I say it back. What should I do? Should I tell him I like him ? Im worried it will be akward. And what should I do about my parents? ( Im 12 , and most of my friends have gone on dates before )
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Twelve is a child and you should not be "dating" and even if you do group activities where there are boy/girl couples, it has to be with your parents blessings.

You and the boy have to respect your parents wishes
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2011, 02:58 PM
    If by saying when you "go to bed" with him you mean sleeping with him, you need to remember that at your age what you're doing is against the law, and for a good reason. Laws aren't put in place to stop people having a good time, they're there to protect young people such as yourself who perhaps aren't old enough to make an informed decision without buckling under peer pressure. You already said that you say you love him because he says he loves you, and then in the same breath you're asking whether you should tell him that you like him, so you're already showing that you're being pressured into saying things you perhaps don't mean.
    I think you need to take a step back, and think properly about what you're doing. You also need to start seeing your parents being protective as a good thing rather than a bad thing, at least they care about where their daughter is and what she's doing, as far too often you see parents who couldn't care less about who their kids hang out with or do, which is part of the problem behind teenager pregnancy and youth crime.
    If you are having a sexual relationship, I obviously can't stop you, but please consider the following few things:
    1) Don't ever have sex with someone because you think it will make them like you. You can never force someone into liking you, and if they already like you, you shouldn't need to have sex with them to carry it on, they should respect you if you want to wait.
    2) You don't want to get yourself a repuatation so young, else guys will start to see you as someone they can just have sex with, and that's an awful life to lead.
    3) Please make sure you're being safe in terms of pregnancy and diseases. For more information, visit a website like connexions or childline, which will give you all the information and advice you need on matters like this.

Aug 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
    I would never do something like that I think its very stupid. I never been a bad kid I do respect my parents. He is not bad either, he is someone different I don't know what it is but he always knows what to do and say
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 04:50 PM
    How old is this guy?
    You said "when we go to bed". Are you having sex with him? What exactly does that mean?
    Your parents are being parents. They are right in not wanting their 12 year old daughter to date. That is way too young.

Aug 29, 2011, 02:59 PM
    No I mean him at his house me at mine and by texting
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2011, 03:54 PM
    How old is this young man?
    The fact of it is, if your parents don't want you dating, that is it and this guy should respect that. If he doesn't, he does not really respect you.
    This is a guy with budding hormones.
    Of course he wants to see you again, but you are 12 years old. Have you talked to your parents about this? Do they know you are group dating?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents and grand parents [ 2 Answers ]

are there any laws in pa say that stepparents nad grandparents have right to say what goes in my child's life ?

What happens at a military hearing to see if parents of an infant are fit parents [ 3 Answers ]

My grandbaby was born in a military hospital. When he was about 3 weeks old he had to be taken back to hospital because of not gaining weight. While there, the hospital filed a complaint with social services about the care of him. The baby was malnurished, unclean, they had no car seat to take...

Dealing with parents and parents in law [ 5 Answers ]

Im getting married soon. Both parties wants us to have a little service of sorts. Praying etc. The only problem is I don't believe in any religion. I was brought up to be a christian but a few years ago came to the realisation that its all misinformation. I have tried explaing to the parents we...

Wwhat to do if you want to leave your parents and join another family withou parents [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do when I want to leave my family and join another at 16-years old?

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search