Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilentLove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 01:45 AM
    Help, dealing with insecurities.
    Moved to its own thread

Hello, I have a lot of insecurities, and I am not sure why. I am considered a manic depression/severe bipolar, and my boyfriend knows that. We have been together for about 5 months now and I freak out about everything. I go through his phone, his Facebook, a girl texted his phone and sent a random picture and I blew up only to find out it was his sister.

I have calmed down a lot but now he has got to the point, where he can look at a girl and I flip out. He tells me he was just looking but its always skinny girls like 110 Lbs. It bothers me because he has only been with 2 big girls like me in his history (I weigh about 150). I have guys swarm around me telling me I am pretty and stuff but Jordan won't tell me I am pretty or nothing.

He gets mad but does nothing really about it. I try to tell him why I feel the way I do and he thinks I am just over-reacting, or nagging, and I know these little fights about him never spending time with me, and looking at other girls, and stuff is messing up our relationship. Will some one please help me!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 12:48 PM

How old are you first? Also are your disorders just your idea, or did a doctor diagnose you? Are you taking your meds as prescribed?

Maybe he doesn't know what it means to be dealing with some one like you, even though you told him what you are. It may help to educate him on what a manic depression/severe bipolar is so he understands it, and again are you on meds for this condition?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2011, 01:01 PM

I'd like you to come back with more information please.

Have you been diagnosed with these disorders and if so what kind of treatments are you receiving?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 01:21 PM

Who "considers" you manic depressive? I don't get that diagnosis at all from your description of how you act and how you react to things.
    E12191G Posts: 59, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2011, 09:07 PM

I have had my insecure moments as well. A lot of people go through it. And you have to realize the source of your insecure ways, accept them, and move on. If you want this or any future relationships to work out, the insecure ways are going to have to calm way down. I have lost relationships with my insecurities and I went a long while being single trying to cope with my problems. If this guy has never done anything wrong to you, there should be no reason to feel he is a bad person. There ARE good guys out there. What I did, is when I would get that feeling, where I suspected something was going on, I would either let it go, and continue a happy day with that person, or I would simply ask in a non-aggresive way about the situation. Keep the questions down to a minimum. Stop going through his personal items (phone, Facebook etc.) and just KNOW that things are fine and nothing is going on behind your back. Try to Build confidence. Confidence will conquer Insecurity :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with insecurities [ 19 Answers ]

As previously posted, I admit too suffering from some insecurities. I have met the love of my life, and while I trust her 100%, I still feel a little insecure about things. I don't know honestly what bothers me the most, but I know that I`m not a huge fan of not being with her, and things like...

Dealing with insecurities when boyfriend goes out with his friends. [ 17 Answers ]

Hi all, my boyfriend of one year and 6 months and I are at the moment in a long distance relationship. We have been doing long distance for 2 months now, and it will continue on for another 6 months before we can permanently live together. That day will be the happiest day of my life :) Right now...

All my insecurities are out.now what? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I have posted before and got great responses however I have a hard time following them, that is my problem. I really need to take advice at this point because I know what pushes guys away and I am on the brink of that and lucky I have not yet. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months. I love...

My Insecurities [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I Am A 45 Yr Old Woman Who Got Married Again Almost A Yr Ago, After Being Alone For 2 Yrs. My First Husband Passed Away. I Met My Husband Online In August 2004, We Were Married August 2006. We Have A Dream Come True For Both Of Us. But I Have Insecurities.I Love Him More Then Anything In This...

Insecurities [ 6 Answers ]

How do I get rid of insecurities need help please I don't know how I need help

View more questions Search