Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink_jacket Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Child Custody in UAE For son
    Hi all,

I got divorced in UAE (united arab emiraes) my son was around a year and 3 months that time, court gave me the paper for his custody, there was another paper I had signed saying that the father can meet his son every weekend for four hours. The x came rarely maybe one in 3 months to meet him. Then we got to know he got married. Last time he came to meet, my dad who takes the son to a closeby park took himt here and the x tried to abuse him physically and threatened he will submit a case that we refuse to let him meet the child, the reason was he came with his wife, mum sis aand was tyring to take my son with him for four hours... now son is 2 years plus and he would be scared to hell if we sent him alone, also it doesn't make any sens as th ecourt granted permission to meet him not take him along, my dad offered to go along for whatever time he wanted to see the son but he got angry and started fighting, now I need to know exactly what shall I do, can I withdraw this meeting permissionw e gave him on the fact that he's married and I'm not and also he's tried physical violence with my father.. please help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2011, 05:23 AM

You need an Attorney. I would not go against a Court Order in ANY Country. I find an Order stating he can "meet" his son for X hours to be very strange.

In light of your other post (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...on-588601.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...lt-583323.html) I think there could be problems on both sides when it comes to this child. You need to speak to an Attorney.

I am not sure there's a lot of stability in this child's life.

I would also appreciate it if you would watch your language when you post.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 05:29 AM

Does the order say he can be with his son for 4 hours or that he can meet his son with someone else present? Unless the order says that his visits must be supervised, your dad had no right to insist on staying with him. On the other hand, if the child started screaming and yelling then your dad had cause to not let them be alone.

What you need to understand is that the court afforded the father rights. You can't change what the court ordered to suit yourself. If you don't think its in your child's best interests you have to go back to the court and get the court to modify its order.

Of course, you dad can now testify to the anger and physical abuse to try and get the order modified. But you need to go to court BEFORE the next weekend time.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You need an Attorney. ...
    Agreed.

I don't think any of us here at the Ask Me Help Desk (legal) have any particular knowledge of the law in the UAE. What we would tell you would only be on the basis of how things are done here in the 'states.

So you really need to speak to an attorney in the UAE.
    pink_jacket Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 09:49 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Hi Scott, the son doesn't know his dad, he wouldn't scream to be with him. As I have him since he was 1 year and the dad seldom comes to see him, morevoer when he was born, dad was very busy at work, didn't spend time with him, so he doesn't recognise him. My son knows his grandfaterh more as he lives with us and plays with him all day, so I meant that the son would scream if I send him with unknown people (ie my x hsuband and his family).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2011, 06:19 AM

It would appear that the HOUSEKEEPER spends the day playing with the child. I notice that the situation as you post it continues to change.

The father has rights. If you don't want him to have those rights go back to Court - no matter WHAT Country you're in. As I said right from the beginning - it is NOT a good idea to defy a Court Order.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_jacket View Post
    Hi Scott, the son doesnt know his dad, he wouldnt scream to be with him. As i have him since he was 1 year and the dad seldom comes to see him, morevoer when he was born, dad was very busy at work, didnt spend time wiht him, so he doesnt recognise him. my son knows his grandfaterh more as he lives with us and plays wiht him all day, so i meant that the son would scream if i send him with unknown ppl (ie my x hsuband and his family).
    First, when posting a follow-up question or info, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page rather than the Comments.

Second, I asked you several questions, you sort of answered one. If you want our help you need to give us information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advise on child custody of a military son. [ 4 Answers ]

The question I have is,I have a son whom recently married a young lady March 26 2009 and since then she has committed adultery.There is an unborn child and I am not for certain it is truly his and if it is I would like to know how to obtain custody of the child once it is born or what is my...

What do I need to file for child support and custody of my son [ 2 Answers ]

My son has 2 years old and has been living with me for over a year now and his mother promises to come get him to spend some time with her and every time she has an excuse such as, I quote "Ican't handle him in the summer I would get him in the winter", which does not make any sense at all. My mom...

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

Dad had custody for 12 years, now mom wants son and owes $40M in child support. [ 1 Answers ]

My x-wife gave up custody of my son to me 12 years ago by the time he was 1 1/2 years old. We married and divorced within a year. I have raised my son through very hard times without ANY help from her. I have 2 other children that I PAY CHILD SUPPORT and share custody. A child support order was...

View more questions Search