Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drew155 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Odd "Pee" smell in bathroom
    We have a 4 year old and as most know, they can get distracted.. so we clean the bathroom almost every other day...

We then realized that all the cleaning doesn't get rid of the odd "Pee" smell. We cleaned everying - walls, tile, toilet, sink you name it and it got blasted by pinesol.

The smell still appears and I can't seem to figure out where its coming from?
    Below the tile? Toilet leak? Drainage? HELP HELP HELP.. :eek:
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Jan 31, 2007, 12:39 AM
    If the tile is cracked it's possible. Also check if there is space under the tiolet. Then use bleach. Once dried, cock around the toilet base to avoid it going under.
    drew155 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the response.. I may just take off the toilet too and see the seal.. just in case..

Bleach is a great idea.. thanks again.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 7, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drew155
    Thanks for the response..i may just take off the toilet too and see the seal..just in case..

bleach is a great idea..thanks again.

If you decide to clean and take off the toilet, which is probably the best solution at first, I would also caulk around the base but DO NOT CAULK all the way around the toilet. This is the way you find most toilet leaks BEFORE they cause real damage to your wood sub-flooring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Odd"blisters" on hands [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two+ weeks I've had odd "blisters" on the palms, and between the fingers, of my hands. When the skin comes off the"blister", (say, 1/3 to 1/2 inch in diameter) the red skin underneath does not heal normally. I've used triple antibiotic cream, and alternatively, hydrocortizone cream. ...

"Sweat sock" smell, taste in water and ice [ 5 Answers ]

For the last 2 months, the water and ice that come from my refrigerator dispensers has smelled and tasted horrible and mildewy. I removed the (optional) water filter from the unit but the situation has not changed. (The filter was only 6 months old anyway.) Our tap water tastes fine--this seems...

View more questions Search