Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 05:14 AM
    Where to store elliptical
    I bought a really nice & new precor elliptical because I canceled my gym membership awhile back to save money. Is it okay to store my elliptical in the garage? We don't have much room for it in our house as it is rather large, but if we need to we will find a place. I live in Florida so it can get quite humid & hot, especially in the garage. But we have been covering the elliptical with a bed sheet & comforter when I'm not using it. Will it hurt the elliptical keeping it in the garage for use?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 08:36 AM

The heat and humidity WILL affect it because nothing short of a hermetically sealed bag with a desiccant inside it will prevent the moisture from getting to it.

All a bed sheet and comforter will do is keep most of the dust from settling on it.

Its lifespan will be reduced unless you get it into more moderate temperatures and drier air.

How much it will be effected depends on how it is actually constructed and the materials used.
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Hmm okay. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-kee [ 3 Answers ]

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-keeper

15amp circuit 12 or 14 gauge wire? For elliptical [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a elliptical machine and they recommend for it to be on a 15-amp grounded outlet with only the elliptical plugged into the circuit. I am installing a dedicated 15-amp circuit and my question is this, should I run a 12 gauge or 14 gauge wire?

Elliptical motion of satellite around planet [ 5 Answers ]

Why a satellite have greater speed when its radius of rotation is less ? By energy arguments please explain this.

View more questions Search