Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grannypossm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 07:59 AM
    Moving but person who put collateral for our truck says its his truck
    We bought a truck from a man we know.. we went through bank to buy truck since we are retired our credit not good.. so he out up colleratle of a 10k cd hee is not a cosigner not on title or loan... but we are making plans on moving to be closer to children n grandchildren... now he says we can't take the truck (4 hrs away) is this right... I talk to bank we have two years left to pay never been late always paid before due.. they said they would give up envelopes to mail in payments... but can he keep our truck cause we move.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 08:33 AM

Granny - I'm confused by what you wrote.

1. It sounds like "he" (your husband perhaps?) put up a CD as collateral for your bank loan - is that right?
    2. Who is the "he" who says you can't move the truck to a location 4 hours away?
    3. Who currently has the title? I would expect the bank does, in which case the seller has no say what you can do or not do, as he no longer is the owner of the truck. If the seller still has title - then it's a problem, and the terms would be controlled by the sales contract that you and the seller signed when you bought the truck. You did sign a sales contract, correct? What does it say?
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Jul 8, 2011, 08:34 AM

Unless he put those terms in writing to you when he co-signed, he can't add them now. He's basically trying to change the terms of the agreement after the fact. As long as you continue to make payments on time, he really can't stop you.
    grannypossm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Comment on RickMN's post
    He did not cosign didn't want his name anywhere on title etc... but put up a 10k cd.. we did not even ask him to... but he claims its his truck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you put a lien on a Semi-truck 18 wheeler [ 2 Answers ]

Is there ANY way to put a lien on his semi-truck to ensure I get my spousal support since that is the only asset we have AND to prevent him from selling the truck without my getting my share? How would I go about putting a lien on the truck without a lawyer He is in Minnesota. Thanks

Can I put tires on a truck.. [ 0 Answers ]

Can I put 35x 12.5 or 315 70 17 tire on a 3/4 ton dodge 2003 if I put a levelling kit on the front?

Truck/camper parked on my property owner won't pay rent can I take title to truck [ 3 Answers ]

I agreed to let friend park truck w camper on my property. After a few months I told him to move it off or pay rent. He moved it but a month later parked it there without a word . Called called person told him he had to pay rent to park on property. Its going on 4 months ,no payment .talked last...

Put a lien on his truck? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex owes me aprox $4.500.00 from our divorce back in 1999. I never pressed the issue but recently I did him a favor & loaned him some $$ just to have him laugh & say he doesn't plan to pay it back because I can't prove it. Well I can't prove the latest loan but I do have the divorce papers saying...

View more questions Search