Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a-s-m-i-8-9 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2011, 04:02 PM
    I thought he liked me
    Hey everybody
    I'm Asmaa and I'm 21
    Well I'm studying spanish 5 hours a week ( 2h30 at a time)
    There was a guy in my class a bit older late 20, early 30, was the definition of a stereotype that my friends would've loved to date, except me
    He was a suit guy, very serious, you know that kind.
    My friend in class (a 35 y.o mum) told me he would stare at me, and that he was into me, cause he stares a lot, anyway she would tell me that we're fitting each other, I would laugh at her and never mind of what she was saying
    Well as time went by, he was getting a bit comfortable everyday, and I saw in him a funny sweet guy.
    I started liking him 3 weeks before last week class.
    I catch him staring at me and then looking away
    When I talk to the teacher about something he would comment and say something
    Look at me and smile, look at me do nothing and look away
    I don't know he was just mysterious
    Well the day after the exam ( the day before the last day of courses) the whole class went to a restaurant lounge, to hang out a little bit
    I was supposed to go in my friend's car, but my friend told other friends to go with her and I went with HIM, but we weren't alone, then he said we're going to be a bit late cause he's going to buy some stuff from a place known for flower shops
    I was like WHAAAAAT I had stuff going on in my mind like ( will he buy flowers? For all the class? For me? )
    , eventually we were late and went to the restaurant directly
    During the diner he was sweet and funny, he was telling jokes laughing, being spontaneous, I liked him ever more, he would stare at me and smile for no reason I don't know
    I just felt something.
    Well today was the last day at spanish classes, we talked a lot about my internship a lot of stuff
    And when class was dismissed, he just shake my hand and told me bye bye
    Didn't ask for my email nor my Facebook
    I was a bit disappointed, now I feel things aren't finished yet
    There's something there I know it
    So *** help me, is it real? What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 05:34 PM

Quite trippin' in your own head, because this seems to be all you, and no him. If he has an interest wouldn't he do something besides say good bye?

Let it go, as you never know what's on his mind, and you never bothered to ask.
    Pleasehelpme411 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 12:25 AM
    You never know, the guy could have a wife at home, waiting for him and he's just another "Person" that flirts with other women. Not saying he's married or anything lol. But hey, people who are mysterious are usually married and trying to keep civil without any awkwardness. Or they are just weird as hell. If your into those "mysterious" people, good luck reading them, because usually its you that has to ask him out. By the way. That is what I was saying to myself the whole time. Why didn't you ask him out then? I have a feeling your shy..
    a-s-m-i-8-9 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Yeah I couldn't do that, because, where I come from, girls don't ask guys out, and yes I'm a little bit shy
    Pleasehelpme411 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 11:37 AM
    I can see how its odd to ask guys out ( don't really see that too much now do you , lol ) but it happens, and it happens all over the world, if your really into him and he isn't asking you out ( which it can be possible that he's shy, I know I was ) You should try asking him out. There is always a good chance you get a positive answer back from him :-)
    You should ask people who know him better to see if he has a girlfriend already to spare the awkward moment. Sister,Friend, family member. But I hope it end up well for you. Good luck :-)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 11:55 AM

I go with the subtle private approach, talk to him until you both are comfortable, you know as in taking the opportunity when you see each other to small talk, and see what develops. Guys can be rather shy too, and they can't read minds.

I recommend not letting well meaning friends into your business, until you have handled it yourself. The last thing you need is everybody else trying to help you. Shy or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just a thought [ 8 Answers ]

How do you know if your husband may be gay? My friend is confused and wants to know if her husband may be gay what are some signs that may show that he may be gay?

I thought I was doing so well. [ 4 Answers ]

I've posted about my break up already on here.(https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/trying-nc-but-want-let-him-know-something-199307.html) Talking to people on here has helped me out a lot during these weeks after the break up. This past weekend I found out about how he's dating this...

Just a thought [ 7 Answers ]

Do you think an active volcano under Antarctica would cause the ice to melt ? :confused: Volcano under the Antarctic 21/01/2008

What do you think she thought ? [ 17 Answers ]

Last night at church I saw the ex walk in with her guy, she left me to go back to him, we got on well but she never got over him, she left him because he did not treat her well, she says he has changed now, anyhow she did not see me when she walked in, but at the end of the service I saw them...

View more questions Search