Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shridharreddy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Remove turmeric stains
    There are some turmeric powder stains on my car body i am not able to remove them by washing with soap and water please advice.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Don't know if you can. If the turmeric stain is in the clear coat it's probably too late. Try a white polishing compound and see if anything happens.
    subhayan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Even I have the same problem, Thanks to that @@##$% Pandit you did that with my Car during Puja.
    Now I have to colour my Brand New car again, as there is not other way to remove turmeric stain from the car if its 4-5 hrs late.
    So no way out apart from spending some 25-30K for the car paint... :(!!
    karthikrajmohan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 09:40 PM
    Hi,

I'm from US. I've BMW 328i Alpine White. Same happened to my New car.
    Solution: Clean the Stain region with "Krikland Surface wipes (Yellow Box Wipes)" and Keep the car in sunlight for 1 hours. You will see the magic. The turmeric and Kumkum stain will evaporate. I can show you my car picture, but there is no attachment functionality in this mail chain.

Krikland Surface wipes:
    Amazon.com: Kirkland Signature Household Extra Large, Two Sided Surface Wipes, 3 Great Scents, 440 Count: Everything Else

Regards,
    Karthik
    CoolPeter Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Don't know if you can. If the turmeric stain is in the clear coat it's probably too late. Try a white polishing compound and see if anything happens.
    I have used a number of tips and tricks but unfortunately none of them work. I must say that there's no other way than repainting the car again. But if the stain is on a small area only then you can paste some stickers on it, may be it it can hide a bit of the embarrassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove stains of turmeric [ 0 Answers ]

I put some turmeric paste on my car body 7 days back now i am not able to remove them please advice.

How Do I Remove Rubber Stains on Furniture? [ 7 Answers ]

I too have the same problem. My daughter has cream color furniture (brand new) I put an alram clock on it with black rubber on the bottom. Two weeks later I was dusting and found the rubber had left permanent black marks in the furniture. I am heartbroken since this furniture was expensive and new....

How do I remove stains from rockwork? [ 1 Answers ]

My front step is made of black gray rock work and our flower pots leacked water that was a rusty clor and left stains on the rock that is white in areas and a rusty brown in areas. How can I get the dark color back?

How to Remove Water stains on barnboard [ 1 Answers ]

I had a flooded basement & the barnboard wall on the bottom got all water stained in a dark color.Can someone tell me how I can remove these stains.

Remove mortar stains [ 5 Answers ]

What's the best method for removing mortar stains from faux rockwork? The mortar is about a week old and there is a residue that covers the rock and prevents it from matching the surrounding rockwork surfaces.

View more questions Search