Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjneilon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Can anyone provide a solution or insight with our Blue Heeler pee-squirting all over?
    We adopted a Blue Heeler from the Humane Society about 2 months ago. He is approx 7 months old (as best as they can determine) and was neutered the day before we adopted him. We are not sure of his former family or how he was treated.
    Austin is a sweet dog, very loving. He is extremely submissive to us. He squirts every time we pet him, play with him, walk past him and feed him. Even when he has been laying at our feet calm for a period, if we reach down and pat his head, he squirts pee. This occurs even moments after we have watched him take a break outside appropriately.
    He also had a very strong aversion to his kennel, HATED it. We have broken that issue a bit by placing it outside and feeding him in it only, with open gate, but if we put him in there, like for the night, he will fill it with pee and flip it all over the place. We can't let him in the house for any length of time so as not to ruin the carpets.
    We walk him and he is very good, learned to sit easily, plays great with our yellow lab and our kids.
    HELP PLEASE??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 08:26 AM

I do know that the Blue Heleler is a working dog; yours is quite young, just thinking hear, bladder probably not fully develolped yet and the body is growing too fast. Gets excited when receiving attention, so therefore, pees. This is about all I can think of at the moment. Working dogs need a lot of exercise, not that I think this may be the problem, but could probably help. He probably has had a bad experience with the crate issue that is why you are having problems with him in it.

The weak bladder could be a medical issue, could be you should have him checked out at the vet and the vet may have some insight in this problem which I think he will grow out of, but realize he will be an adolescent, then a teenager for the next two years.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue red heeler [ 5 Answers ]

Hello , my blue red heeler -because it has both blue and red- was found on the side of the road with his sister I adopted him and he is a very good dog inside but outside he barks mean and snaps at my neighbors kids heels.. I worry because we live so close to people and I hate him having to stay on...

Blue heeler vs my chooks [ 4 Answers ]

HI, I've purchased a blue heeler male puppy recently and he is around 10-11 weeks. He has been really good in most things, like potty training and coming when called except when my 5 laying =hens are let out of an afternoon. He will listen to a point but still continues to chase them when I turn...

Blue Heeler [ 13 Answers ]

We have a four year old Blue heeler. Is the BEST dog anyone could ask for. Obedience is great- Only problem we can't seem to correct is when he is in the car. He has separation anxiety(He was also a rescue dog which I think may be the cause). When we leave him in the car/truck to grab a pop-or even...

Provide insight into my mortgage mess [ 1 Answers ]

I am in southern California and I have gotten my family into a real mess. We bought a home for 600k in scripps ranch and converted our previous home in chula vista CA into an investment property. The rental from the investment property just about covers the PITI on the its 30yr fixed mortgage...

Blue heeler mix [ 1 Answers ]

I have mixed breed male and female puppies (1 each) and think that their temperament is primarily blue heeler. Any training tricks (I've seen the NO negative training)?

View more questions Search