Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fprue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Luke warm water coming from 1 shower.
    I'm having a problem with my hot water in my master bathroom shower.

All Other showers and fausets have no problem.
    The master shower, seems to only give us luke warm water. The fauset is a single lever type which should mix the hot and cold to our liking. But what is happening when you try to mix the hot and cold , even if you turn the fauset to hot you only get luke warm water.

What to do ?

Fred
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Your mixing valve is partially blocked, possibly by some lime/scale that came from your hot water heater. Shut off your water, remove the handle, remove the valve stem and clean the valve. Sometimes it is a good idea to soak the stem in 1:3 parts of vinegar water or CLR.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fprue
    I'm having a problem with my hot water in my master bathroom shower.

All Other showers and fausets have no problem.
    The master shower, seems to only give us luke warm water. the fauset is a single lever type which should mix the hot and cold to our liking. But what is happening when you try to mix the hot and cold , even if you turn the fauset to hot you only get luke warm water.

what to do ?

Fred
    It could be (assuming it's a newer pressure balanced valve) that the balancing spools have gone points up.

Replacing the balancing spools is fairly straightforward, but only if we know the brand and model of the valve in question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just warm water - In the stand-alone shower [ 9 Answers ]

My question is just slightly different than briang30's so forgive me for starting a new post. We recently moved into a 25 year old home in August of last year. The master bathroom stand-alone shower will get warm, but not hot. Also it takes about 7 minutes for it to get to the "warm" mark. ...

Luke warm water from shower [ 3 Answers ]

Over the last few months I have noticed that my shower is not producing hot water the way that it used to. The sink tap gives out hot water, just not the shower anymore. I have noticed that when I flush the toilet there is an added burst of pressure from the shower. Do you have any idea what this...

No water coming from shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone help please? I have triton electric shower in en-suite and all of a sudden there is no water whatsoever coming out - the shower in main bathroom is still working fine (backs onto the en-suite) Any help would be appreciated as I have no clue where to even start! Thanks.

Luke warm water from hot water tap [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a condo (efficiency) that was converted from a motel. I 've had and have problems with hot water in taps. The unit is old and the feed pipes from the hot/cold water supplies are not accessible. Last year all I got was luke warm water from the shower and two taps in the unit. I had a...

Have warm water coming from the hose outside [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how or when it happened but I have warm water coming from the hose outside. At first I thought it was the hose being in the sun but the water never ran cold. I know that this just doesn't happen. I got a new hot water tank about 3 yrs. Ago and it didn't do it then so some happened and...

View more questions Search