Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asswhole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
    Husband claims cheating so not to pay alimony what proof does he need for this
    My wife moved out and wants alimony and I don't want to pay her because she has a new boyfriend what can I do to make it appear as though she was seeing him as more then a friend before leaving me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 06:01 PM

Does not matter, she could have been sleeping with him in your bed and sending you video's, that will seldom stop you from having to pay alimony. They can be living together now, as long as they are not married and you will normally have to pay alimony,

What is normally looked at is how long you have been married, their income before, their current income, their income ability and your income.

And you can not "make it appear" if you don't have real proof, witness, photos or more done before, you can not prove it in court.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 05:24 PM

Sorry she cheated, but that's not what alimony is about. See a lawyer and he can tell you what YOUR rights are, and what she is entitled to.
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Jun 27, 2011, 05:31 PM

You want to make it "appear" that she was seeing him before leaving you? As in, you want to lie? Or are you saying she actually was seeing him before leaving you for a fact?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asswhole View Post
    ... what can I do to make it appear as though she was seeing him as more then a friend before leaving me
    I don't believe any of us at the Ask Me Help Desk legal forums are going to help you falsify evidence, if that's what you are asking. For one thing, it would probably be a crime. And we aren't getting paid enough for that. :cool:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asswhole View Post
    My wife moved out and wants alimony and I dont want to pay her because she has a new boyfriend what can I do to make it appear as though she was seeing him as more then a friend before leaving me
    Your post says it all.

She has a new boyfriend. That's not illegal. You want to "make it appear as though she was seeing him as more then a friend", before leaving you. Ovbiously she wasn't. Either way, it doesn't matter, even if you lie about her relationship with this guy (which is what it appears you're asking).

The people on this site have morals. We won't help you lie, no matter what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can my husband expect to pay alimony? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband was married for 10 yr. and 11 mo. To his previous wife. He is currently paying 33% of his gross salary in alimony. I am now married to him, and have been for a few years, we have two children together. He never had children with his previous wife, and she receives enough alimony, that...

Will I have to pay alimony to husband? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband of 25-1/2 years is disabled (uses prosthetic device for loss of right foot--falsly claims he is illiterate, however, he can read and comprehend what he is reading and is capable of writing as I have proof of letters he has written to me) and has not worked in years. I have been the...

After 2 years can husband get alimony or emotional alimony? [ 2 Answers ]

From day one I supported my husband who was a personal trainer with his ex. He lost clients because they went to his ex. We moved to San Diego and I continued to support up to 3 months ago (he moved out.. after getting two jobs) NEVER gave me a scent unless I begged :{... He states that he...

Can a cheating spouse be entitled to alimony [ 2 Answers ]

Can a cheating spouse be entitled to alimony? She has left her husband and now lives with another man but wants alimony. She has abandoned her home and 16 year old son.

View more questions Search