Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindseyc712809 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Help, I am being harassed, a retraining order has done nothing!
    I have been dealing with a psycho for a few years now, first it started with little false CPS reports (I don't feed my kids etc.) Then it turned into physical threats (I will have you killed and burried) Then I got the restaining order and pressed harassment charges. Resulted in basically nothing, she convinced the judge that what I claimed was untrue and she was still allowed to come around my home and my family. Then she violated the restaining order by attempting to meet me when I was supposed to be meeting someone else. She thought I would be alone but I never am because of her! The violation was ignored. Then she had the restaining order altered again so that all it said is that she could not directly harass me (do whatever to my family etc.) Then the letters started. She and her mother began cooking up false stories about how I allowed my kids to be molested, I tried to get a teenager raped and knew she already had been and was suicidal etc. Then tried to convince my daughter to tell a state trooper a big elaborate story about my beating her severely but that didn't hold up because it never happened. Now it has gone as far as her having a trooper call and accuse me of bothering her on Facebook of which I have her and her entire extended family blocked just to be safe! I informed the trooper of all these harassing things and he was no help. The judge ignores my phone calls and I now have had 8 "unfounded" child protective reports made against me for beyond horrifying things! The restaining order runs out in a few weeks and even though I have moved and changed my phone number she has gotten her hands on both my new address and phone number! What else can I do, no one in the court system, Child protective registry, etc. is listening to me. This woman has gotten away with a lot in the past and I am afraid this will slip through the cracks too.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 12:33 PM

How did she have the restraining order changed if you had it issued against her? I don't understand that part. Are you saying there is collusion in the court system?

Do you have a lawyer ?

Tick

Jun 22, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Not yet, This woman is so full of lies and can think up very detailed ones on the spot.. its sick! She told the judge that she did not do any of the things she was being charged for so all my revised restaining order (which I received in the mail after she went and saw him without me present)says is that she can't harass me. But she continues and the Troopers and judge ignore me because they think I'm being catty. I'm having nightmares about being arrested for things I haven't done! Her family already managed to have my brother in law thrown in jail for five days for something he didn't do but it took a miracle to find bail money and after court was over he didn't even get charged with anything but in the meantime they contacted the local newspaper and had them print that my brother in law did these things! And most recently this girl told my kids psychologist that their uncle is a registered sex offender! We're hoping he checked the registry and realized it was a lie.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2011, 04:17 PM

You need to better document the abuses. If she is able to convince a court that your accusations are untrue, then you are not providing enough proof.

There are several things that bothers me about your story. You say that a local paper printed a story about your brother in law. Papers are very careful to not print stories that could get them sued. They carefully check facts before publishing anything. You also never mention what triggered this. What set them off.

I'm not saying you deserve this, but I see too many unanswered questions.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lindseyc712809 View Post
    Not yet, This woman is so full of lies and can think up very detailed ones on the spot..its sick! She told the judge that she did not do any of the things she was being charged for so all my revised restaining order (which I received in the mail after she went and saw him without me present)says is that she can't harass me. But she continues and the Troopers and judge ignore me because they think I'm being catty. I'm having nightmares about being arrested for things I haven't done!! Her family already managed to have my brother in law thrown in jail for five days for something he didnt do but it took a miracle to find bail money and after court was over he didnt even get charged with anything but in the meantime they contacted the local newspaper and had them print that my brother in law did these things! And most recently this girl told my kids psychologist that their uncle is a registered sex offender! We're hoping he checked the registry and realized it was a lie.
    Sorry, but restraining order must be adhered to. Local police are aware of the restraining order so if she is harassing you, all you have to do is report it and she is either warned or restrained. And if the abuse is as severe as you say, then she will be resrained, not warned. So basically what you are saying is kind of against what normally happens.

How did she get your new tel. number ? You are awarding her superhuman powers here my lady in all you say she is doing against you.

Tick

Jun 22, 2011, 06:25 PM
    I wish I knew how she got my number! I'm telling you, I went to the police station with all of my documented paperwork, they told me they "can't entertain this accusation" unless the judge issues a warrant for her arrest then they can act. I know its bull****, I know how flawwed this sounds because SOMEONE should have been able to do SOMETHING but I'm telling you they just won't. This is why I am here asking *** else I can do! I'm thinking of trying a different police station, perhaps a sherrif instead of a trooper. Another problem is this woman does not live within the same state so police here can't just go arrest her. In order for them to arrest her I have to know when she will be in the state when and where so that they can go after her. She is a slippery slimy individual, no she doesn't have superhuman powers but you really just wouldn't believe what she gets away with besides the crap with me! As far as the things about my brother in-law, the paper was "tipped off" by these people, then checked the police blotter, what they read was what he was being accused of... which was in the end proven he was innocent but by then everyone in town had read and assumed he had done what he was accused of. The paper never printed the results of the case because they don't have to and because nothing came of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 06:32 PM

First of course calls to the judge will be ignored, you don't call the judge. If they break the order, you call the local police. If they don't do their job, you call their shift commander or chief if you have to. If that does not help you contact the DA about it being broken.

Next of course it was not a trooper call you, first troopers do not investigate Facebook issues, and they would not call you to "question" you on the phone, if this was a real trooper get their name and badge number and report them to their department for breaking the rules, most likely it was a fraud.

Jun 23, 2011, 08:43 AM
    It was a legit trooper, I called the station myself because initially I missed his call. I'm not sure if he is actually investigating the nonsense or if he was just calling me to "warn me" to leave HER alone but he said it was to do with an ongoing investigation of his. I filled him in on all of her bull and he just said "well if its not you then you have nothing to worry about but if it is be worried!" I informed him I'm not worried because its definitely not and he also informed me that she can be charged with making a false report if it comes back that she's lying. I have contacted the DA but we're still playing phone tag and I'm just afraid he will say he can't help me or something. I got a call back from the judge that said I have to contact the police (which the investigator told me to contact the judge) so I feel as though I'm running in circles to make myself dizzy!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 12:29 PM

Restraining Orders are virtually worthless unless the cops actually see the perp doing the harasssing in person. Change yourphone number or better yet get a cell phone and give no one the number unless you know they don't know the perp to give it to them.

Glad you moved at least that's a start in the right direction.

I had a RO on my neighbor across the street in Fla many years ago. He tried to run me over with his car in MY driveway, run me off the road in his car, run my elderly infirm mother over with his bicycle while she was walking on the street, yell and scream at the top of his lungs in the middle of the street he was going to kill all of us and burn our house to the ground. Basically the cops did nothing to him, the judge did nothing to him and the $$ I spent on a RO for one year turned out to be pure hell. I found out from people who know that once a RO is in place it seems to ramp up the perp and have his friends and neighbors join in his fun of harassment. I ended up having most of the windows in my home smashed out by his friends and when I reported to the police they did nothing as they "were not there to witness it" type response from them. I Ended up moving 1,500 miles away from my perp.

Consider yourself lucky that you have moved, now move on with your life and don't let the perp keep you wondering what he'll do next to you type thinking. It is not worth it to knock yourself out over this as the cops won't do anything until they find your dead, cold body one day or your car engulfed in flames to prove that yes, that perp was bothering you.

Get good car insurance and get homeowner's and/or renter's insurance just in case he decides to trash your car or home. My cars were systimatically shot up with a BB gun (again nothing could be done by Barney Fife even though they found the BB gun inside neighbor's back door.

Getting an RO is probably the worst thing I ever did. And I repeat it's probably the worst thing you ever did as well. Stay off Facebook as it will only fuel your anxiety to no end. That site is pure evil and only causes people more grief than they even think.

Hope things work out better for you soon...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Harassed [ 18 Answers ]

Im 16 and I just recently got harassed. My aunt was in the car with me while I was driving and kept demanding me to go to the store. She kept distracting me so much that I ran a stop light. Second she kept screaming so in the middle of the road I slammed on my brakes and told her to knock it off...

Retraining orders and child custody [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé ex girlfriend had a mutual retraining order on each other but she had listed her son on the retraining order too and my fiancé fighting for custody for his son right now what should I do because we live together and we know his ex did that so hatt he won't be able to have his son...

Retraining my dog [ 3 Answers ]

I'm dog sitting, and my dog has sort of been acting out, she won't use her piddle pad AT ALL, anymore. Now we are all alone together again. She's not doing it the way she used to. She's going potty on the carpet. I can't take it. My apartment smells horrible. How do I RETRAIN her? And get...

Potty retraining [ 2 Answers ]

My 5yr old shihtzu stopped using the doggie pad. How do I retrain her::confused:

Harassed [ 4 Answers ]

Okay here's my question. Just recently me, my husband and my 3 kids moved. Upon moving we met the neighbors (which were cool people). The gentleman across the street was real friendly, he lived there with his mom- okay no big deal right. Well one day I came home from work and I waved to him (my...

View more questions Search