Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 02:49 AM
    2003 mazda tribute es airbag warning light flashes 4 times
    My 2003 Mazda Tribute ES airbag warning lite recently began flashing 4 times repeatedly and after a series of 3 times remains lit. I checked the wiring connections under the front seat on both the drivers' and passengers' sides for disconnected/loose wires. All seemed to be OK. I then disconnected the negative battery terminal and reconnected in hopes that by some magical way the warning lite would re-set itself. I was wrong. The flashing did stop but after 20 minutes of driving, it started to flash again. Any thoughts as what can be causing this annoying problem? Short of bringing my vehicle into a Mazda service center and costing lots of bucks, what can I do to try to resolve this problem? Any ideas?
    Thanks for your help, JIM
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jun 19, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Has the car ever been in a wreck? Or hit any potholes or etc before the problem started?
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    This problem first began about two weeks ago when the road my wife travels to work became under construction for re-surfacing. It's a rough/rocky/bumpy trip and this is about the time this airbag warning light began flashing 4 times. Sometimes it goes out completely and sometimes it remains lit. Additionally, sometimes the ABS warning light comes on and remains on.This light also started about the same time as the airbag warning light. Any clues/ideas how I can resolve this issue before I take in to a Mazda service and expect to pay lots of $$$$$. Maybe a loose connection somewhere but where?
    Thanks for your help, Jim
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jun 19, 2011, 07:24 PM
    I would think that there are sensors located in the front of the car that could be loose, check all of the connections under the hood and everywhere possible to make sure that they are secure then check all of the fuses. Take it to a local advanced auto or a autozone and have them scan it with a obd2 scanner(should be free).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times aga [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times again and repeats. What is wrong?

Fog bulb replacement on a 2003 Mazda Tribute ES [ 0 Answers ]

I own a 2003 Mazda Tribute ES 6 cylinder. One of the fog lights has burned out. Visited a Mazda dealer service shop and they quoted me a price for the bulb replacement for about $80 bucks. C'mon, a bit much to replace a bulb! Does anyone know how to replace this type of bulb? Are special tools...

2003 mazda tribute spark plugs replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get to the three rear spark plugs on a 2003 mazda tribute underneath air intake cover

View more questions Search