Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KinaAndKoda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Dating Minors
    I am a 16 year old who likes and is liked back by a 20 year old. We are 4 years and 1 month apart. We would like to date but he is worried about minority laws. Could we date? What is considered legal when it comes to kissing, hugging, making out, and other sexual activities?
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Jun 16, 2011, 04:17 PM

The laws vary from country to country. What country do you live in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2011, 04:18 PM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

The Age of Consent in most places is 16. But there is often an age gap exception.

But there are two real questions here. First what do your parents think of this. Until you are 18 you are under their control and if they forbid the relationship he can get in trouble for defying them.

Second, I question what the two of you have in common. At your ages a 4 year gap is huge. In a year he can go to bars and hang out, you can't. You are involved in school he is thinking about a career.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 06:43 PM

And of course you would have to have your parents permission to date him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 12:19 PM

Your parents are the FIRST law, as they can make a lot of trouble for a guy who goes against there express wishes to date, and any sexual contact at all can land him in jail.

As the others have said though the Legal age of consent for sexual contact is different in every state, country, or province, but parents can get around them in many ways if they do not want their 16 year old to date a 20 year old.
    shayshay106 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
    Because other people don't see it like thAT SO THEY SEE IT IN A DIFFERENT WAY THEN U DO.. JUST BE SAFE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws on dating minors in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

What is the law in Michigan about dating some one that is 18 if I am 16?

Dating Minors [ 18 Answers ]

Im 17 and I live in Indiana my boyfriend is 25 can he be arrested for dating me and is it legal for us to have sex I'm so confused please help me!

Minors and dating [ 4 Answers ]

My friend is 21 and I am 16. He is in the police acadmey and our parents think more is going on than is. We are just friends. And now our parents are threating to tell the acadmey. Is this against the law? Or will he lose his job if we still hang out? :confused:

Minors [ 1 Answers ]

In houston Texas is it illegal for a 17 year old to move out of their parents house? Or can his or her parents doing something about it?

View more questions Search