Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eacampbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Adjusting Balances
    How do I adjust a trial balance for unexpired insurance? What accounts would be affected and how do I get the appropriate amount for the debit and credit to those accounts?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 06:18 PM
    On Jan 1, you buy a 13 month policy for $1,300.

Dr. Prepaid Insurance 1,300
    Cr. Cash 1,300

On Dec, 31, you need to recognize 12 of those 13 months are used up.

Dr. Insurance Expense 1,200
    Cr. Prepaid Insurance 1,200

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beginning Balances [ 2 Answers ]

I feel not smart for having to ask this question. I am a new accountant for an existing company that was purchased recently. The new owners told me to put in the existing AR and AP, which I did. Then after their vacation they gave me the beginning balances that they purchased and they...

Account balances and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are filing bankruptcy, but he has a civilian job and is also in the national guard, well he recently reenlisted and will be getting a reenlistment bonus of $15,000... although he will only get half of it at once... will getting this extra money (around tax season nonetheless when...

Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I do this! (a & b) Merchandise Inventory as of Dec 31, $19,700 (c) unused supplies on hand $525 (d) Unexpired insurance on Dec 31, $1000. I know how to enter them into quickbooks but what do I do to get the amounts? Do I just use the $525 and $1000? How do I get the amount for...

Adjusting thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefinedHow do I adjust the thermostat? To control the difference of when it kicks on and off. It's a Honeywell round thermostat.

View more questions Search