Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Jan 28, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Risky business
    At the risk of sounding completely inane, what is the deal with the Paris Etching Society? It seems most everyone in the art sections has a question on it. Is it rare? Collectible? Interesting? Should I know about it?

Plus since everyone seems to be an expert on this, I can trust that my question is answered :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning PES is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    Produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jan 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Paris Etching Society prints... urban legend meets the art world, LOL. Fortunately appraisals and actual values are not susceptible to such things but try telling that to some of the print owners... mon dieu!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risky Companies, lower target payout rate, gradual adjustment rates [ 7 Answers ]

Would you please help me to understand what this means. "Risky companies tend to have lower target payout ratios and more gradual Adjustment rates.” Thank you. Denise

Risky companies & lower target payout ratios [ 1 Answers ]

Why do risky companies tend to have lower target payout ratios and more gradual adjustment rates?

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search