Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Air conditioner thermostat
    We have a carrier air conditioner and thermostat
    The thermostat is set to cooling the same as it has always been but there is no cool air the fan is working
    The thermostat has suddenly stopped working what could the problem be?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Could be a number of things. Do you have 24 volts to the thermostat? I would check that first. If no volts there check you transformer. Post back your results and we can go from there
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Check the batteries in it. This can be done by pulling it off the wall and looking for a small piece that pulls off, usually containing 2 AA batteries.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Is the outside unit running?
    sheree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
    The power is working on the thermostat but I think the temperature control is not. The fan is also working but there is no cool air.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Did you check like NorthernHeat ask? Is the outside unit running? To check the thermostat, jumper R & Y at the thermostat and see if unit blows cool air. If not then jumper R & Y at the air handler and see if it blows cool air. If it does then the thermostat is bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Air Conditioner will not cool. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a condo with central air. The air worked great when we moved in this summer, but during the month of November it cooled off, so we turned off the AC. During that time a maintenance guy came by to replace the fluid or something (I'm sorry I can't remember what it was he was...

Air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. I have actually two questions. Our home is about 7 years old and is extremely hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Any ideas why. Our attic is unbeleivably hot. Should I instal a fan in there. My second question is can I add an air conditioning unit to my gas furnace(carrier)...

Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Rencently is was cool outside and I turned off my air conditioner. A couple of days later I wanted to turn it back on. It no longer blew cold air. Everything appears to be working fine. I turned it off and haven't tried to use it until the other night it was cold out and I wanted to heat the house,...

Air Conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

This Summer I installed an 18000 BTU Air Conditioner in a living room window. Will it harm the unit if I leave it in the window for the Winter? I live in Minnesota.

View more questions Search