Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 11:31 AM
    Ask the movie expert?
    Been searching for the answer for years. Here goes. B&W movie, made maybe late '40's early '50's. Movie takes place during WWII but is about the impact of the war on our way of life in the U.S. as people have to deal with rationing and the agony of waiting for word from loves ones involved in the war. A recurring theme seems to have been the dark military messenger who would show up in town and everyone feared he would come to their home and bring the grim news of a loved one killed in action. One scene showed characters venting their anger by singing the popular song "Der Fuehrer's Face" with bitter emphasis. Only other thing I can clearly remember is the opening scene: Man is riding on a train and singing a forlorn version of "Happy Days are Here Again". Powerful movie! Don't know why no one remembers it. Please help. (And please don't suggest I am thinking of the animated Donald Duck Short with "Der Fuehrer's Face". This was a full length B&W movie, not a short cartoon.)

Check out some similar questions!

Need a movie expert [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble remembering the title of a movie. I remember it being in color but it was probably not made after the 1990s. Or at least before the late 90s. It was about a couple of people who died from bus crash and became ghosts (I think maybe angels). During the movie they follow this...

Ask movie expert [ 2 Answers ]

Around 1992 I saw part of a color movie on television. As I remember, much of it was set in an idyllic community in a sort of rustic place. The main character, a young man, somehow came to this place through sort of a mist or was allowed to come to this place and fell in love with a young woman....

Sci Fi Movie Expert - Dying Sun Movie With Android [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie roughly five years ago on Television - it could have been made for TV, but was pretty high quality; and it has been killing me to find this! There was a spacecraft with crew; and a man and woman who have a romantic scene; at the end the woman ended up being an Android and she...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.