Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lildogman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 06:37 PM
    I have a 14 hp briggs and stratton
    About 2 seconds after start it spews gas and oil out of the return on the intake. I worked fine a week ago I try to start it today and that happened. What confuses me is that the engine actually starts about 3 seconds after it starts spewing then it cuts off because of all the fluid going into the carb. I have no idea even where to start. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2011, 08:28 PM

Check your oil and see if its over full , you may have gas going into cylinder block, /
    Sounds like dust or debri in carb, may need to be removed and cleaned. Luck
    lildogman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 06:07 PM
    I've checked the oil. All I c in there is gas does that mean the engine is blown r is it an easy fix
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 05:29 AM
    Sounds like dust or debri in carb, may need to be removed and cleaned. Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp briggs and stratton? [ 1 Answers ]

adjusting values how do I know when to stop tighten on craftman 18.5 ohv single cylinder

12 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton won't start, jusy spins and backfires. Ive checked all I can think of. HELP

14 Hp Briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 Hp twin Briggs vanguard model#is 294777,And Im looking for the carb adjustment,can anybody help me w/that?

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

View more questions Search