Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Violingrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Why do guys rebound so quickly?
    Q: Is she a rebound?...

Ok, so I'll to make my background story as short as possible.. My ex and I had been together for one year, almost exactly because he broke up with me like a day or two after our anniversay. He's in the army (now on non-active duty) in GA, and has been since we'd began dating so in reality we've seen each other for almost 2 months time. If that makes sense.. Needless to say he is very confused with his life, has expressed his profound fear, and did not want to continue our relationship so I won't be a part of his "rollercoaster" and emotional changes. What's most important about this though, is that we both loved each other. So. Much. We knew each other in hs, God made it possible for us to meet after his 4 years in the army, and voilą. We were together. And now, we're done. After talks of marriage, kids, a life together... Only God knows how much in love we were with each other and he with I. It's now been a month in a half (which feels like a year) since we've been done, no texting no contact, nothing. And I find on out through fb that he is now with someone else also from Augusta Ga. Is this a rebound? Can I still have hope that he even loves me or will come back? I'm not desperate. I just love him a lot still and have been praying this through so I know I'll heal. But these simple questions just kind of bug me..
    And by the way, I'm so glad to know that there are so many pple who understand, and that I'm not alone in this.. Please give me any kind of rational word, anyone. Thanks & God Bless :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 31, 2011, 04:55 PM

She could be a rebound and she could have been the reason he broke up with you. Either way, he is gone.
    If you two are meant to be, you will find your way back, but in the meantime you need to accept that he is gone and move on with your life.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jun 1, 2011, 06:36 AM

I really don't care for the idea of a 'rebound'. Technically, anyone he meets after you could be considered a rebound, depends on his feelings towards this girl.

Terminology aside, a month and a half with absolutely no contact means it is over. I'd give up on trying to invent hope by, in fact, hoping this is the definition of a rebound so it will not last and thus further your chances of getting back together (I'm close, ain't I?)

Move onward.
    Violingrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 02:29 PM
    Yeah, I've accepted that we're done, thank God. But what I just couldn't understand was why he never told me (if he reeally wanted a period to us) that he'd just began seeing someone even when I did txt him about 2 weeks after he'd began this other "relationship"(I didn't know at the time of course). He even still txted me a few times at one point stating he'd do anything for us to be together in the future and that he has just lost all sense of how far he should go to get what he wants. His words.. Of course, it could be bs, but I honestly feel he IS lost, as he'd stated to me before, and feels like he has no hope for anything hence just wants to try to do anything to forget.. I don't know.. but thanks for your comments. Both of you. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2011, 10:53 AM

Sometimes we never really understand the feeling, or thinking and actions of others until we have had a sufficient time enough to deal with our own feelings that are intense, and blinding.

I think in time, you will understand better, and put this behind you, one day at a time. Just takes a while for the emotional dust to settle is all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It about about 2 black gay guys who were killed in ah park bye some white guys [ 0 Answers ]

What's this movie call about 2 black gay guys who were killed in ah park bye some white guys

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

View more questions Search